[IRIS] CFP for IRIS/SCIS 2024 in Iceland

Anna Sigríður Islind annasi at ru.is
Fri Dec 8 12:42:41 EST 2023

Dear IRIS community.

We call for contributions to the IRIS/SCIS 2024 conference. This is the annual leading event for Nordic IS researchers organized by the Scandinavian Chapter of the Association for Information Systems (AIS), the IRIS association, established in 1978. The event has two co-located parts with their distinctive formats but shared and common participation between them. IRIS/SCIS has never been held in Iceland before, and we are truly excited to invite you to Iceland and we ensure you that although there has been some unusual volcanic activity lately (as you may have seen on the news), we will have a wonderful conference that will be both memorable and interesting.

The IRIS seminar welcomes research-in-progress and complete research papers by Ph.D. students and early career researchers. The seminar is organized in working groups wherein the research papers are discussed for an hour for constructive feedback by the working group participants. These discussions are traditionally deep and provide helpful advice for the future development of the papers.

The SCIS conference follows the traditional conference format where we welcome papers that focus on the conference theme of “Improving Society for ALL with IS”. The SCIS sessions are held between the IRIS working groups, where each accepted paper in the SCIS sessions is presented in a traditional format, followed by a discussion and engagement with the audience.

We encourage high-quality submissions to this first-ever IRIS/SCIS conference to be held in Iceland.

The conference website is: https://irisscis.com/, where you can find the template and information about the conference.

Important dates are as follows:

SCIS 2024

  *   The submission deadline for SCIS is 22th of February 2024
  *   Notification will be sent out 12th of April 2024
  *   SCIS camera-ready versions are due 3rd of May 2024
  *   The conference will be held on 11th to the 14th of August in Iceland

IRIS 2024

  *   The submission deadline for IRIS is 12th of April 2024
  *   Notifications will be sent out on the 10th of May 2024
  *   Resubmissions of the IRIS papers are due 1st of June 2024
  *   The conference will be held on 11th to the 14th of August in Iceland

Best regards on behalf of the organizing committee,
Anna Sigridur Islind, Miria Grisot & Jan Pries-Heje

Dr. Anna Sigríður Islind
Dósent   |  Tölvunarfræðideild
Associate Professor  |  Department of Computer Science
Farsími / Mobile: +354 868 8981
Póstfang / E-mail: islind at ru.is<mailto:islind at ru.is>
[cidimage004.png at 01D48890.516DB740]

Háskólinn í Reykjavík  |  Reykjavik University
Menntavegur 1  |  101 Reykjavík  |  Iceland
Sími/Tel: +354 599 6200
www.hr.is