[AISWorld] RecordDNA: creating a cross disciplinary research agenda

Lomas, Elizabeth e.lomas at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 07:44:22 EDT 2017

Apologies for cross posting

I would be most grateful for your time completing this survey link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PGLDNML . This work is aimed an developing a global research agenda for the digital evidence base.

Scholars and members of the public rely on records (e.g. birth/death certificates, census and court records) as the evidence base for research and life events; so too do policy-makers and those conducting inquiries. They all require access to original, authentic, usable records. However, a major issue facing society is the extent to which the digital evidence base is at risk because the concept of the digital record has been challenged. In the digital world, the record comprises the granular objects that are scattered yet linked e.g. chains of emails or tweets. Concepts commonly accepted as defining a paper record (originality, unchanging authenticity, contextualized evidence) are highly conflicted and under threat. This study is seeking to explore the nature of digital records for evidential purposes, considering how the evidence base is shifting with new technologies, and gaps that need to be addressed to ensure societal needs are met now and in the longer term. We are asking for your help to develop a research agenda by contributing to a short survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PGLDNML .

RecordDNA: Defining a research agenda that will shape the ...<https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PGLDNML>
www.surveymonkey.co.uk
Scholars and members of the public rely on records (e.g. birth/death certificates, census and court records) as the evidence base for research and life events; so too ...

We know that you are busy and appreciate your time - it is possible to log in over time and fill in the survey. The survey will close on 16th October 2017.

Further information is available at https://recorddna.wordpress.com/.
[https://recorddna.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/cropped-ahrc.jpg?w=200]<https://recorddna.wordpress.com/>

Record DNA | International Research Network<https://recorddna.wordpress.com/>
recorddna.wordpress.com
We held our second workshop last week and it was extremely successful. One participant said it was the best workshop … Continue reading

Please feel free to pass on this message and tweet the link “RecordDNA help develop the research agenda for the future digital evidence by completing the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PGLDNML #RecordDNA “
RecordDNA: Defining a research agenda that will shape the ...<https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PGLDNML>
www.surveymonkey.co.uk
Scholars and members of the public rely on records (e.g. birth/death certificates, census and court records) as the evidence base for research and life events; so too ...

Thank you for your help.

Dr Elizabeth Lomas
UCL
e.lomas at ucl.ac.uk