[AISWorld] Business Process Management Newsletter [Issue 2/2017] - Loaded with new for/from the BPM community

Aalst, W.M.P. van der W.M.P.v.d.Aalst at tue.nl
Tue Oct 17 02:49:49 EDT 2017

BPM Newsletter October 2017

Download from https://bpt.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/foswiki/pub/BpmConference/Newsletter/BPM-newsletter-Oct2017-www.pdf.

The annual International Conference on Business Process Management is the premier conference for researchers and practitioners in the field of Business Process Management (BPM). The attached BPM Newsletter is intended for the active and growing community involved and/or interested in this conference series.

* BPM 2018 introduces a new track structure
To accommodate for the diversity of the BPM field, the Steering Committee has decided to introduce three tracks: Track I (Foundations), Track II (Engineering), and Track III (Management).

* New BPM steering committee chair
Mathias Weske has been appointed as the new chair of the BPM steering committee. He took over from Wil van der Aalst who served as chair since the first conference in 2003.

* Reports on BPM 2017 in Barcelona
Over 370 participated in a very well-organized and high-quality conference in Barcelona.

* Interview with Miguel Valdes, co-founder of Bonitasoft
The BPM 2017 conference opened up with an energetic keynote by Miguel Valdes Faura, CEO and co-founder of Bonitasoft - the company behind the Bonita open-source Business Process Management System (BPMS).

* The BPM 2017 Awards
Read the newsletter to learn about the Best Paper Awards, the Best Reviewer Award, the BPI Challenge Awards, the Process Discovery Contest Award, and the BPM Demo Award.

* First BPM dissertation award
The first BPM Dissertation Award was handed out to Arik Senderovich from Technion Haifa at BPM 2017.

* BPM test of time award
The BPM Test of Time Award 2017 was given to Shazia Sadiq, Guido Governatori, and Kioumars Namiri for their paper presented at BPM 2007 in Brisbane.

* Preview BPM 2018 in Sydney
The next conference will take place in beautiful Sydney. Read about the preparations and start writing your BPM 2018 papers.

* Prepare your Workshop Proposals and Papers for BPM 2018!
The deadline for workshop proposals is December 1st. Workshops may focus on specific research topics or be devoted to application domains or standardization aspects.

* Other News From the BPM Community
Ranging from various call for papers and books to XES certification and more information on the new management track.

Since I stepped down as BPM steering committee chair at BPM 2017, this is also the last BPM newsletter I edited. I'm happy to have contributed to the growth and success of the BPM conference series. During the last 15 years I have made many friends in this wonderful community and for sure I will remain involved in future editions. I'm glad that Mathias Weske agreed to serve as the next BPM steering committee chair. He was one of the founding members and organized the second BPM conference in 2004. I'm sure the conference is in good hands. If you would like to contribute to the next issue, please send your input to Mathias. See http://bpm-conference.org and the back cover of the newsletter for more information.

Wil van der Aalst

Download newsletter from http://bpm-conference.org  or use the link https://bpt.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/foswiki/pub/BpmConference/Newsletter/BPM-newsletter-Oct2017-www.pdf.

BPM Website and Mailing list
The website http://bpm-conference.org provides more information on the BPM conference series and news for the community. The bpm-conference at hpi.uni-potsdam.de mailing list is used as a means to communicate with the BPM community. To (un)subscribe, visit http://lists.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/listinfo/bpm-conference.