[AISWorld] AIS Women's Network reception at ECIS 2018 - please register!

Cathy Urquhart C.Urquhart at mmu.ac.uk
Mon Jun 18 07:51:04 EDT 2018

Dear All,

Please join us for our AIS Women's Network reception at ECIS 2018 on the 26th June, 5.30 - 7pm, Richmond Building, Lecture Theatre 2, University of Portsmouth

The aim is to network, enjoy ourselves, and discuss how we can build up the IS Women's Network in AIS Region 2.There will be an opportunity to discuss mentoring for interested women. We are also especially interested in welcoming PhD students and junior researchers into our network. Dr Sukaina Al Nasrawi will give a short talk. Dr. Sukaina Al Nasrawi is a Social Affairs Office for the Centre for Women at United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), and will be talking about her own IS career journey and issues that she thinks are pressing for IS women in a global context.

The aim is to have a fun and inclusive session that looks at issues of women's participation in the IS discipline - all are welcome. Male colleagues - come along and discuss with your female colleagues! Drinks and snacks provided.

Please register with Eventbrite to help us manage numbers

https://women_in_it_ecis2018_portsmouth.eventbrite.com<https://women_in_it_ecis2018_portsmouth.eventbrite.com/>

Looking forward to seeing you there!

With very best wishes

Cathy Urquhart, Dorothy Leidner, Tineke Fitch, Nancy Pouloudi and Carl Adams (event organisers)
"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "