[AISWorld] MIS course in MBA programs

Nitin Aggarwal nitin.aggarwal at sjsu.edu
Sat Apr 16 00:05:43 EDT 2022

I appreciate everyone who responded.   It is helpful to know that at least
a few universities have an MIS course in their core curriculum.  Thank you
for sharing the syllabus with us.

I just wanted to share a comment from a fellow colleague expressing their
difficulty in getting an MIS course introduced in their own curriculum.

1. An MIS course will have to replace an existing core course.  It is
easier to introduce the MIS course as an elective but near impossible to
exchange it for one of the core courses.
2. Curriculum committees make arguments that MIS is covered in the courses
of their respective disciplines.  For example, "... the strategic use of
MIS in HRM (say HRMIS) would be covered in the HRM course and therefore,
the program would not need any MIS courses"

Sincerely,

Nitin Aggarwal