[IRIS] Digital Practices - CFP AMCIS 2021 Mini-Track

Abayomi Baiyere aba.digi at cbs.dk
Tue Feb 23 12:37:23 EST 2021

Dear colleagues,

Please consider contributing to our AMCIS 2021 Mini-Track on Digital Practices: A Perspective on Digital Transformation Processes.

The purpose of this mini-track is to unpack the essence and peculiarities of digital practices. Emerging scholarship has offered various accounts of digital transformation (e.g., Vial et al. 2019), and has also begun to distinguish digital transformation from earlier IT-enabled transformations (e.g., Wessel et al. 2020). But what is it exactly that organizations do, when they embark on a digital transformation journey? Based on previous accounts, we still require a sharpened understanding of the different bundles of (social) practices inspired by digital artefacts that help organizations on their digital transformation journey. These digital practices will need to help organizations in coping with and overcoming arising challenges and tensions within their digital transformation process as well as creating a new unique identify that defines a digitally transformed organization.

Research questions include:

  *   What are digital practices?

  *   What is unique about digital practices compared to other practices?

  *   How do different types of digital practices interact?

  *   How can we explain digital transformation through a digital practice lens?

  *   What tensions and challenges arise in the interplay between digital artifacts and human agency within digital practices?

  *   How are digital practices enacted in digital transformation processes such as those related to sensor-based technology, artificial intelligence, etc.?

These are but a few questions that are relevant for this mini-track. We seek theoretical contributions that help us better understand these phenomena as well as practice-oriented knowledge and design artifacts for dealing with or leveraging digital practices in transforming and organizing.

***************************

27th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS)

Mini-Track Digital Practices? A Perspective on Digital Transformation Processes August 9 - 13, 2021 (https://amcis2021.aisconferences.org/)

MINI-TRACK CO-CHAIRS

Abayomi  Baiyere  aba.digi at cbs.dk<mailto:aba.digi at cbs.dk>  Daniel  Fuerstenau  dfu.digi at cbs.dk<mailto:dfu.digi at cbs.dk>

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

https://amcis2021.aisconferences.org/submissions/submission-instructions/

Apologies for cross-posting!

Abayomi Baiyere

Department of Digitalization
Copenhagen Business School - CBS
Howitzvej 60, 3.18 | 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Mail: aba.digi at cbs.dk<mailto:aba.digi at cbs.dk>  | Web: www.cbs.dk/en/staff/abadigi<http://www.cbs.dk/en/staff/abadigi>