[AISWorld] AMCIS 2010 - RFID mini-track Call for Papers

Riemenschneider, Cindy C_Riemenschneider at baylor.edu
Thu Jan 21 09:24:08 EST 2010

Apologies for cross postings

16th Americas Conference on Information Systems
August 12-15, 2010, Lima, Peru

Call for Papers:
Mini-track - Traveling Through the Portal: RFID Experiences Around the Globe

As companies expand into global marketplaces, and time to market schedules are compressed, the ability for organizations to manage the flow of information becomes critical. Companies have realized that technology is a key driver to success by enabling information flows, and many recognize the potential of radio frequency identification (RFID) to facilitate those information flows throughout a global supply chain. In these economically challenging times, organizations must adapt and squeeze additional efficiencies out of their supply chain. The new economic climate opens up a whole spectrum of possibilities for creating new RFID- based services and applications.

>From a diffusion of innovation perspective, RFID as an information technology presents new challenges for understanding its initiation, adoption, adaptation, implementation, acceptance, use, routinization, and infusion into the supply chain. This mini-track addresses issues related to the application of RFID within the global context. We encourage authors to share new and interesting theoretical and methodological perspectives on topics relevant to both academic researchers and practitioners. We invite traditional submissions including empirical research and work in progress examining and extending theory, as well as new paths of discovery including frameworks, case studies, and data analytics.

Topics. The following include suggestions for applicable topics (but not limited to) for this mini-track:
* Benefits from RFID
* Challenges to RFID implementation and diffusion
* Changes to different industries prompted by RFID
* Technical integration of RFID with other applications
* RFID impact on changes to business processes
* Establishing the business case(s) for RFID adoption and diffusion
* RFID impact on physical health and individual privacy
* RFID impact on interorganizational collaboration
* Standards for the proliferation and use of RFID
* Effective implementation of RFID in the global business community

As in previous years, the RFID mini-track is soliciting high-quality papers. We welcome a wide variety of papers including conceptual, empirical, analytical, qualitative analyses, and case studies on any topic that is relevant to the RFID phenomenon.

Important dates are:

January 4, 2010: Submission system begins accepting paper submissions
March 1, 2010: Deadline for paper submissions (through AMCIS online submission system)
April 12, 2010: Notification of acceptance of papers
April 26, 2010: Final camera-ready copy due

For more information, please visit http://www.amcis2010.org/home/<https://admin2k.fsu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.amcis2010.org/home/>

Thanks!

Mini-track Co-Chairs

Bill Hardgrave