[AISWorld] SIGED:IAIM - Call for nominations

Carina DeVilliers Carina.DeVilliers at up.ac.za
Mon Sep 27 12:28:38 EDT 2010

CALL FOR NOMINATIONS - AIS SIGED: IAIM

Elections for the Executive Board of AIS SIGED: IAIM will be held in
November.  All nominees must be members in good standing.

Information about the educational focus of the AIS SIGED: IAIM can be
found at http://www.sig-ed.org/   If you are not currently a member of
the AIS Special Interest Group for Education (a.k.a. the International
Academy for Information Management) you may join the SIGED: IAIM at
http://home.aisnet.org/login.cfm

I hope you will consider nominating yourself, or someone you know, for
one of the following positions:

●	President Elect
●	Vice-President
●	Treasurer
●	Board of directors (3 positions open)

Please email me with your nomination, including a 1-3 paragraph
biographical sketch or statement of interest that will be included in
the election ballot. The bio is a great opportunity to reflect your
interest in IS Education.

 New perspectives and volunteers are always welcome. Prior experience
with AIS SIGED:IAIM board is not a pre-requisite to run for office.
Please visit our website (bylaws link) to see the official
“description” on what each of these elected positions entails,
please see our bylaws at http://www.sig-ed.org/IAIMbylaws.pdf  or email
me with questions at carina.devilliers at up.ac.za

Timeline:
Nomination period is October 11th  to 21st.

Election/Voting period is November 1st to 15th.
Ballots: a URL link for voting will be sent electronically to the
membership approximately November 1.

 I look forward to hearing from you.  Again, send nominations to:

Carina de Villiers
Past President  AIS SIGED: IAIM
carina.devilliers at up.ac.za

Prof Carina de Villiers
Head of Department
Department of Informatics
Information Technology Building, room 5-78
University of Pretoria
Tel: +27-(0)12-4203085
Fax: +27-(0)12-3625287
E-mail: carina.devilliers at up.ac.za
Past President: AIS Special Interest Group for Education: IAIM
(http://www.sig-ed.org)

Disclaimer / Vrywaring (
http://www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ )