[AISWorld] Final Call - BI/Analytics Curriculum Study closes 10/15

Wixom, Barbara bwixom at virginia.edu
Tue Oct 5 12:49:13 EDT 2010

In two weeks, the state of Business Intelligence/Analytics Study will close. The study includes three parts:

For professors: http://www.surveymonkey.com//StateofBIinAcademia - 9 questions about BI curriculum at your university

For students: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/StateofBIforStudents - PDF available at: http://www2.commerce.virginia.edu/bicongress/images/Student%20Survey.pdf if you want to view. We particularly need professors to ask students who have had a BI class of some kind to complete this!

For practitioners: press release about this survey at: http://www.teradata.com/t/News-Releases/2010/Are-Tomorrows-Knowledge-Workers-Ready-for-Big-Data-Survey-Gauges-the-State-of-Business-Intelligence-Readiness/

Using all three surveys, we will develop a report of the current state of BI curriculum - and identify gaps among these three perspectives. Final comprehensive report will be send to all survey participants.

Ultimately, the study will be used for the BI Congress II, pre-ICIS in St Louis on Dec 11-12. More information at: http://www2.commerce.virginia.edu/bicongress/index.asp

The 2010 pre-ICIS BI Congress II event is jointly delivered by SIGDSS and the Teradata University Network. The event is sponsored by Teradata, IBM, Deloitte, SAS, MicroStrategy, and Baseline Consulting.

For any questions regarding the study, please Barb Wixom at bwixom at virginia.edu or Thilini Ariyachandra at ariyachandrat at xavier.edu

Thanks in advance for your support! Best, Barb

Barbara Wixom, PhD
Associate Professor, Director MSMIT
McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia
Rouss & Robertson Halls, East Lawn
P.O. Box 400173
Charlottesville, Va  22904-4173