[AISWorld] UKAIS 2011 Conference and PhD Consortium - Call For Papers - *EXTENSION*

Laurence Brooks Laurence.Brooks at brunel.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 11:07:04 EST 2011

Dear Colleague

The response to the Call For Papers for the 16th UK Academy For Information Systems 2011 Conference (UKAIS2011), which is due to be held in Oxford on 11-13 April 2011 has been very good but as usual we have had a number of requests for extensions.  To this end, we are holding the Call For Papers open until Monday 24 January 2011.  Please feel free to circulate this information to colleagues who may be interested.  I have outlined the original details below.

Call For Papers
We would like to invite you to submit to the forthcoming UK Academy of Information Systems 2011 PhD Consortium and Conference which is taking place on 11-13 April 2011, in Oxford, UK.

The UKAIS is now into its 16th year of its annual conference and we are increasingly welcoming international delegates to the two day event which is preceded by a post doctoral consortium.  All details can be found on the UKAIS website at www.ukais.org

PhD Consortium - Monday 11 April 2011
Joint Chairs:  Dr Gill Green & Dr Kondal Reddy Kondadi - University of Bolton
Keynote: Professor David Wainwright, President of the UKAIS, Northumbria University

The Consortium is intended for researchers undertaking a PhD or Professional Doctorate in keeping with the main themes of the conference. Researchers may present work at any stage. The consortium aims to provide:

*         An opportunity for small group in depth discussions which focus on participants research issues, around both the object and method of the research;

*         Understanding of work in progress experienced by other researchers active at PhD level;

*         Identification of other research related to the participant's interests.

We invite PhD and professional doctorate students to submit a 500 - 1000 word abstract summarising the aims, method and relevancy of the research topic, by Monday 24 January 2011 to UKAIS2011 at wlv.ac.uk with the subject heading 'UKAIS PhD Consortium'

UKAIS Conference - Tuesday 12 - Wednesday 13 April 2011
The United Kingdom Academy for Information Systems (UKAIS) arose from a meeting in 1993 of leading UK academics in Information Systems. Concerns were expressed at the meeting about the way IS teaching and research were funded. The concerns stemmed from a lack of recognition of IS as a growing and important academic discipline. UKAIS was established in 1994 to remedy this situation. It is a charity, whose aims are to provide a better knowledge of IS within the UK and to provide a forum for discussing issues in IS teaching and research. Since this first meeting in 1993, UKAIS has recognised the importance of including practitioners into its remit.

The UKAIS conference is the premiere academic event in the Information Systems calendar within the UK and attracts leading academics and researchers from the UK and overseas.
This year's conference will once again be held in the beautiful city of Oxford, and will bring together academics, researchers and practitioners of information systems for an exchange of ideas and experience around the subject of 'IS/IT in its many uses'.

We invite contributions around the following areas:

IS Strategy and Management:

    *   IT Governance and IT Management
    *   Strategic IS Planning
    *   Organisation Context
    *   Organisational change using IS
    *   Leadership in MIS
    *   IS versus Business Operations
    *   Maintenance and evolution of information systems
    *   Effective ERP (Plan and Implementation)
    *   What next for the CIO?

 IS and Practice

    *   IS and Innovation in the Public Services
    *   E-Government
    *   IS education:  Software Engineering or Design?
    *   Technology, venturing and entrepreneurship
    *   IS in Health
    *   IS in SME'
    *   Information Systems:  The Discipline

 IS and Creative Technology

    *   Search and Social Media Marketing
    *   The next wave - web 2, web 3, next generation mobility
    *   Mobile Information Systems
    *   Cloud computing
    *   Computer Games and the cyber criminal

IS Learning and Teaching

    *   Pedagogic practice in Teaching IS
    *   E-Learning in IS
    *   Instructional Design for IS
    *   National and International Cultures and Approaches to Pedagogy
    *   Multiculturality and Diversity Issues in IS Learning and Teaching

IS and Research

    *   Information Systems Education Research
    *   IS vs. Computer Science Research
    *   IS vs. Business Studies
    *   Quantitative vs. Qualitative Methods
    *   New and alternative approaches to IS research

For more information about submissions and the deadlines, please visit the conference web-pages at www.ukais.org or contact me for further details.

Best wishes

Abi Redmond
UKAIS Conference Coordinator