[AISWorld] Special 20th anniversary issue of the Journal of Strategic Information Systems: "Strategic Information Systems: Past, Present and Future"

Galliers, Robert rgalliers at bentley.edu
Mon Feb 28 16:59:09 EST 2011

Special 20th anniversary issue of JSIS: "Strategic Information Systems: Past, Present and Future"
Special issue editors: Bob Galliers, Sirkka Jarvenpaa, Yolande Chan and Kalle Lyytinen.

The end of this year will see the 20th anniversary of the Journal of Strategic Information Systems. In celebration of this milestone, we are planning a special issue of the journal, to be published in March 2012, with research articles that consider the strategic nature of information systems, and the processes central to IS strategy and strategizing. Critically, we wish to attract contributions that will reinvigorate the SIS research agenda, establishing new research directions for SIS. We are looking for papers that speak well beyond the IS field in terms of outlining the trajectory of SIS research including how that research will have high impact in fields related to ours. In line with JSIS's trans-disciplinary approach, contributions from and with colleagues in other disciplines are welcome. Our hope is that the issue would attract the interest of scholars from many fields, establishing a strong foundation for future work.

Any paper that is accepted for publication, but that is not ready for the special issue, will be published in a subsequent issue of JSIS. Research papers should be approximately 8000 words in length.

Key dates
August 30, 2011: Initial versions of papers due.
October 15, 2011: Reviews completed and feedback provided.
December 30, 2011: Revised versions of papers due.
January 31, 2012:  Additional revisions due.