[AISWorld] Announcing the Inaugural Theory in Economics of IS Workshop June 4-5, 2011

Choudhary, Vidyanand VeeCee at uci.edu
Thu Apr 21 14:41:14 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues:

The inaugural workshop on Theory in Economics of Information Systems (TEIS) will be held at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort (June 4-5, 2011). TEIS workshop is motivated by the need to provide a community for researchers who use analytical modeling techniques in the area of economics of information systems. Although there are a number of workshops and conferences that accept research based on analytical models, these tend to be diffused with inadequate time for presentation, discussion and Q&A. TEIS workshop will complement such venues by providing a focused and intense environment for interaction among researchers that should assist in the development of the field and help advance shared understanding about various aspects of modeling research.

For this inaugural venture we have designed a program that is small, focused and intimate. The program is posted on the TEIS Workshop website: http://www.teis-workshop.org/. We invite you to attend the inaugural workshop and become a part of this community. We hope to continue this forum with your support and make it a permanent feature of our research community.

We encourage you to register early. Early registration deadline is May 3rd, 2011 but we may reach full capacity before that date and registration will close at that time. Also, the discounted room block at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort is available for booking till May 3rd. We hope to see you there.

Thank you,

TEIS Workshop Co-Chairs,

Hemant Bhargava and Vidyanand (VC) Choudhary

http://www.teis-workshop.org/