[AISWorld] P A C I S 2 0 1 1 ... the premier venue for networking with IS Academe in Pacific Asia

Guy Gable g.gable at qut.edu.au
Tue May 31 16:22:20 EDT 2011

P A C I S   2 0 1 1 ... the premier venue for networking with IS Academe in Pacific Asia

Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems

- the AIS Affiliated Region 3 Conference, and an ACPHIS-sponsored ERA 'A' event,

to be held in Brisbane, Australia, 7-11 July 2011.

See http://mlaa.com.au/pacis2011/index.htm

C O M E   J O I N   U S  !!! ... With over 550 submissions (up from the previous high of ~400) 200+ accepted papers, 9 parallel streams, 3 keynotes, 5 panels and 3 workshops, over two and half days, preceded by the Doctoral Consortium (23 students and 14 Faculty), PACIS'11 is shaping up to be a watershed event.

K E Y N O T E S ...

1.  CONDUCTING RESEARCH IN ASIA-PACIFIC: OPPORTUNITIES AND PITFALLS ... Professor KK WEI, Dean and Chaired Professor of Information Systems in the College of Business at the City University of Hong Kong, is Fellow of the Association of Information Systems  (AIS) and past President (2003/4). Before joining CityU, Dr Wei was founding Head of the Department of Information Systems at the National University of Singapore. As Head of two major IS Departments in Asia in the past decade, Professor Wei has inculcated strong research culture and initiated major research efforts that resulted in both Departments being placed among the top 15 IS departments worldwide (Communications of the AIS, 2005, pp. 555-564).

2.  ON THE RELEVANCE OF I.S. RESEARCH ... Professor DETMAR STRAUB is Editor-in-Chief of MIS Quarterly (the #1 Journal); Regent's Professor of the University System of Georgia; and the J. Mack Robinson Distinguished Professor of Information Systems.

3.  NEWS JUST IN .... Closing Keynote by Mr Michael Harte, Commonwealth Bank, Group Executive Enterprise Services, and Chief Information Officer: http://www.commbank.com.au/about-us/our-company/management/group-executive-profiles/michael-harte.aspx

P A N E L S ...

1.  Systems Success: Models, Antecedents and Measures ... CHAIR: Ephraim McLean

2.  Research Training: What? How much? When? How? ... CHAIR: Viswanath Venkatesh

3.  Business Analytics and Competitive Advantage: The gap between theory and practice ... CHAIR: Rajeev Sharma

4.  Disaster Management and Information Support ... CHAIR: Masaaki Hirano

5.  Envisioning Neuro IS ... CHAIR: Jan von Brocke, Aleck Lin

W O R K S H O P S  ...

1.    Microsoft Dynamics NAV for Enterprise Systems Curriculum by Felix Tan and Darshana Sedera (free to all PACIS'11 delegates)

2.    Surveys, Response Rates, and Non-response: Busting the Myths and Avoiding the Pitfalls by Jeff Stanton (free to all PACIS'11 delegates)

3.    OCIS International Paper Development Workshop by Wai Fong Boh - OCIS is the Organizational Communication and Information Systems Division of the Academy of Management (invitation only).