[AISWorld] Call for Papers: IMACST

Russell Reinsch rreinsch at fosterandbrahm.com
Fri Jul 1 18:13:34 EDT 2011

Dear AIS-

Please post this call for papers for the International Magazine on Computer
Science and Telecommunication's Special Journal Edition on Cloud Computing
on behalf of the Guest Editor, Dr. William A. Foster.

*Call For Papers*

Special Issue

*The Telecom Cloud Computing Ecosystem *

International Magazine on Advances in Computer Science and
Telecommunications (http://imacst.com/)

Deadline: September 30, 2011

Guest Editor:     William Abbott Foster, Arizona State University
William.Foster at IMACST.com

Associate Editor:              Russell Reinsch, Arizona State University
Russell.Reinsch at asu.edu

We are rapidly moving towards a converged network where smart phones, TVs,
and computers all use the Internet Protocol (IP) to communicate through and
with the Cloud. The design of the Internet is evolving as well. In the past,
there was little intelligence in the network. Instead intelligence was built
into applications at the edge of the network. We are now in the process of
seeing a major transformation of the telecom ecosystem.

Standards groups, including *European Telecommunications Standards Institute
* (*ETSI*) and the ITU-T, are setting standards for the addition of
intelligence to the network to support:

·         Security

·         Lawful Interception

·         Identity Management

·         Quality of Service (QofS) and Service Level Agreements (SLA)

·         Inter-Cloud brokering

·         Secure Cyber Supply Chain

We invite papers for this special issue that propose technical solutions in
these domains or that explore the business, organizational, and legal
ramifications of this coming transformation of the telecom/Internet
ecosystem. We are also interested in case studies of instances where
intelligence has been added to the network including instances of the
adoption of IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS).

Submissions can be in the form of a research paper, a review article, a
short research communication, letter, or book review.

We invite you to submit your manuscripts to William.Foster at IMACST.com for
publication. Our objective is to complete the review process and inform
authors of the decision on their manuscript(s) within 6 weeks. Instructions
for authors are available here <http://imacst.com/index.php?p=1_10>.

*Open Access Initiative*

                One key request of researchers across the world is
unrestricted access to research publications. Open access gives a worldwide
audience larger than that of any subscription-based journal and thus
increases the visibility and impact of published works. It also enhances
indexing, retrieval power and eliminates the need for permissions to
reproduce and distribute content. IMACST is fully committed to the Open
Access Initiative <http://www.soros.org/openaccess/index.shtml> and will
provide free access to all articles as soon as they are published. There is
a 600 Euro publication fee if your research paper is accepted for
publication.

Best regards,

--
Russell C. Reinsch