[AISWorld] Fwd: concerns about WSKS - Lytras' e-mails

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Thu Sep 15 18:17:14 EDT 2011

At 11:18 -0400 15/9/11, Prashant Palvia wrote:
>  ... why don't you identify yourself fully?    That will add
>credibility to your concerns. ...

Kathrin made assertions of fact, and pursued an argument based on them.

Kathrin's 'full identity', affiliation, occupation and locaton of
residence are completely irrelevant to the credibility of the
assertions and the argument.

Moreover, serious assertions like this require a meaningful response.

The behaviour described needs consideration in light of Items 5 and 6
of the AIS Code of Research Conduct, at:
http://home.aisnet.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=15#Category_Two
5. Do not abuse the authority and responsibility you have been given
as an editor, reviewer or supervisor, and ensure that personal
relationships do not interfere with your judgement.  ...
6. Declare any material conflict of interest that might interfere
with your ability to be objective and impartial when reviewing
submissions, grant applications or software, and undertaking
commissioned work. ...

AIS has a Research Conduct Committee, which can be contacted at:
researchconduct at aisnet.org

With best regards,

Prashant Palvia, Ph.D.
Joe Rosenthal Excellence Professor

The University of North Carolina at Greensboro