[AISWorld] Multi-National Study of Computer Use Ethical Perceptions: Call for Participant Institutions

Dr. Mike Whitman mwhitman at kennesaw.edu
Fri Sep 16 14:44:12 EDT 2011

Greetings: You are invited to participate in a multi-national survey seeking to collect perspectives on ethical perceptions of computer use among current college students. We are actively seeking faculty members to administer the instrument in their classes. We are especially interested in institutions outside the U.S.

The study is designed to explore attitudes toward a variety of ethical situations. The online survey includes a series of questions asking the participant’s opinion about one or more aspects of computing ethics. The study is open to participants that are at least eighteen years of age and consent to participate in the study under the terms and conditions explained in the survey. The survey will take most respondents between 30 – 45 minutes to complete.

If you would volunteer to participate by having your class take the survey, we would be pleased to provide you with a personalized copy of the results comparing your class to the rest of the respondents. If you are willing to participate, please send your name, institution and country in an email to infosec at kennesaw.edu. Please caption your email with the subject line: Ethics Survey
You will then receive a customized Web-link to the online survey which you can distribute to your class. The link will be valid for 30 days from the date you receive it. Once data collection is complete, we will create a summary version to email back to you, which you can share with your class.

You may contact us at the above email address if you have any questions. If you would like the survey to be translated into a language other than English, please let us know the target language and we will draft a version for your review.

Thank you for your consideration.
M. Whitman
H. Zafar
H. Mattord