[AISWorld] ICIS 2011: Importance of the Hotel Confirmation

Galletta, Dennis galletta at katz.pitt.edu
Sun Sep 25 04:26:05 EDT 2011

Colleagues: It has come to our attention that some of the faxed forms to the general fax number of the Oriental Riverside hotel did not arrive in the hands of the reservations department. The fax number was correct on the PDF registration form. However, on the ICIS 2011 web site next to the description of the hotel, a fax number for general inquiries was listed. We believe some registrants might have used that fax number instead of the one on the PDF form that was for reservations.

If you think you are registered at the Oriental Riverside Hotel, PLEASE double check to make sure you have received an emailed confirmation. To help you find it, you can search for subject header, attachment file, or sender as follows:

-          The subject header of mine said "confirmation letter"

-          There was a Word file attached with my name as the file name (and, of course, doc as the extension).

-          The sender was rs at shicc.net<mailto:rs at shicc.net>.

Hopefully, one of these tips might help you find yours. If you cannot find a confirmation, it is urgent that you fax your form to the proper number quickly because the rooms at the Oriental Riverside are filling up quickly. Only a few rooms with Bund view are available. The garden view rooms are sold out.

The Grand Melia is said to be a truly exceptional, world-class hotel, so please do not worry. It is only a short walk. See the ICIS 2011 website for more details. We anticipate that most of the ICIS attendees will stay there as well.

We are sorry for any confusion and hope that you are able to find your reservation confirmation form or re-fax your reservation to the number on the form.

Sincerely,

Dennis Galletta and TP Liang
Conference Co-Chairs, ICIS 2011

Dennis F. Galletta                      Professor of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh                 and Director, Katz Doctoral Program
282a Mervis Hall                            Katz Graduate School of Business
Phone +1 412-648-1699                                  Pittsburgh, PA  15260
E-mail: galletta @                                       Fax +1 412-648-1693
        katz.pitt.edu                       homepage: www.pitt.edu/~galletta<http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta>