[AISWorld] ICIS 2011: One week left for early bird registration

Galletta, Dennis galletta at katz.pitt.edu
Sun Sep 25 05:03:35 EDT 2011

Colleagues,

This is a brief reminder that early registration for ICIS 2011 ends in one week--on October 3! To register and make hotel arrangements, please visit the following site: http://icis2011.aisnet.org/index.html

On the site, you can also get materials to help you prepare for the trip. In particular, visitors from most countries will need to apply for a visa. Either business or tourist visa would be appropriate. There is a letter on the site that you can download, customize with your name, and print. The letter will be needed for your visa application. We are told that if you are traveling with a spouse, no letter is needed if he or she obtains a tourist visa.

It is hard to provide one set of instructions because requirements differ depending on where you are traveling from. If you work with a travel agency or visa service (see the ICIS 2011 website for examples), you will obtain the correct information for your particular country/city.

Also, no visa is necessary for from the USA to Hong Kong, in case your spouse will meet you there instead of Shanghai.

If you are still deciding about attending, do not forget that ICIS in the Classroom can help you in case you need to miss a class. Students these days are well-equipped and eager to attend an on-line class session. More details can be found at http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta/ICIS_Classroom.htm. Your seat at the event can be reserved right on the ICIS Registration form. Thanks to support from MIT, the fee is only $5 US per 90-minute session you attend. I have inserted into my syllabus "On Line Class" for the session I will miss while in Shanghai. We have a service all ready to record the session using a 2-camera video setup, digitize it, and store it on a server for your students to view December 5 and later.

We look forward to seeing our international community once again, for the first time in China. Shanghai is waiting!

Sincerely,

Dennis Galletta and TP Liang
Conference Co-Chairs, ICIS 2011

Dennis F. Galletta                      Professor of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh                 and Director, Katz Doctoral Program
282a Mervis Hall                            Katz Graduate School of Business
Phone +1 412-648-1699                                  Pittsburgh, PA  15260
E-mail: galletta @                                       Fax +1 412-648-1693
        katz.pitt.edu                       homepage: www.pitt.edu/~galletta<http://www.pitt.edu/~galletta>