[AISWorld] CfP - Factories of the Future (FoF) – Enabling Interoperability over the Complete Supply Chain Workshop

Sotiris Koussouris skous at epu.ntua.gr
Thu Nov 10 08:34:16 EST 2011

CALL FOR PAPERS

Workshop on Factories of the Future (FoF) – Enabling Interoperability over the Complete Supply Chain
in the frame of I-ESA 2012- The International Conference on Interoperability for Enterprise Systems and Applications
March, 20-23, Valencia, Spain

Dear colleagues,

You are cordially invited to submit a paper to the Workshop “Factories of the Future (FoF) – Enabling Interoperability over the Complete Supply Chain”, organised by the IMAGINE FoF IP project (http://www.imagine-futurefactory.eu), in the International Conference on Interoperability for Enterprise Systems and Applications I-ESA 2012.
Since several years, I-ESA (Interoperability for Enterprise Systems and Applications) is the major event about Enterprise Interoperability and the official conference of Virtual Laboratory for Enterprise Interoperability (INTEROP-VLab) with the sponsorship of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) and the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC).
In this context, we look forward to organize an interesting workshop with effective cross-fertilization and discussion among the running Factories of the Future (FoF) FP 7 projects and other relevant projects/initiatives.

The Workshop will take place in Valencia (Spain), 20th and 21st March 2012.
Accepted and presented papers will be published by ISTE Publications UK, http://www.iste.org

You can download the complete CfP at http://interop-vlab.eu/events/the-interop-vlab-events/i-esa/files/9_i-esa12-ws-call.pdf

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Sotiris Koussouris NTUA (skous at epu.ntua.gr) , Ricardo Goncalves UNINOVA (rg at unionova.pt) , Carlos Agostinho UNINOVA (ca at uninova.pt)

PAPER SUBMISSION
Papers must be in English, describe original work and must follow the HERMES eng- guidelines for authors http://www.hermes-science.fr/word/eng-guidelines.doc.
Paper length should be 6 pages for a full paper and 4 pages for a short paper. Papers will be peer-reviewed.
Authors should submit their contributions by email to the Workshop Chairs (skous at epu.ntua.gr; ca at uninova.pt; rg at uninova.pt).

IMPORTANT DATES:
15th December 2011          Full paper submission
15th January 2012              Notification of acceptance
7th March 2012                    Camera-ready versions
20th, 21st March 2012        I-ESA 2012 Workshops

Please, consider that at least one author per paper must register to the Workshops by January 22nd, 2012.
If none of the authors is registered, the paper will not be included in the workshop programme and in the proceedings.

WORKSHOP SCOPE
	• To discuss the current development in the FoF domain, bringing together interoperability scientists, manufacturing industries and IT solution providers
	• To reveal ideas and innovations for fully automated end-to-end manufacturing
	• To present the on-going projects/initiatives of the FoF and FInES domain, actively contributing towards enhancing interoperable production systems
	• To bring together all the recently EC funded FoF projects (around 5 projects) for sharing ideas, knowledge, approaches and promoting collaboration
	• Distributed, adaptive and interoperable virtual enterprise environments

TOPICS COVERED (but not limited to)
	• Component based tools and architectures enabling the innovative dynamic composition of services
	• Dynamic Manufacturing Networks Management
	• New Business Models, Service Alliances and Virtual Economies
	• Drivers, Environment, Risks and Benefits of setting up FoF Collaboration Networks
	• Collaboration platforms for Innovative and Responsive Manufacturing
	• Real-time management of volatile manufacturing assets, production System Reformation and Monitoring
	• Internet based, user centric collaboration, sharing and/or mixed reality tools
	• Other relevant FoF related topics

I-ESA Website: http://www.aidima.es/iesa2012/