[AISWorld] Plagiarism /"Self-Plagiarism" and copyright

Ilia Bider ilia at ibissoft.se
Sun Dec 18 05:38:15 EST 2011

On 2011-12-18 11:07, MurphJen at aol.com wrote:
> This leads to an issue I believe we discussed a year or two ago,
> self-citation.  As I remember from that discussion we agreed that
> excessive self citation is not good either.
As far as I remember, this discussion was not about self-citation, but
about some journals requiring from potential authors to refer to papers
published in the same journal. In this situation, one could suspect that
the journals' goal were to increase their impact indexes. The discussion
resulted in a special issue of CAS on the topic of citation. Thus, I,
for one, do not agree that it was waste of time (though my opinion here
is biased as I was one of the authors in this special issue :-))

Regards

-- Ilia
Dr. Ilia Bider
Process- och systemutvecklingskonsult @ibissoft.se