[AISWorld] Extended deadline for CAIS special section on Emerging Ideas in Information Systems

Ilze Zigurs izigurs at mail.unomaha.edu
Mon Jan 9 13:09:06 EST 2012

Communications of the Association for Information Systems
Call for Papers, Special Section on Emerging Ideas in Information Systems

PLEASE SEE EXTENDED DEADLINES AT END OF THIS MESSAGE

Guest Editors:
Fred Niederman, St. Louis University
Don McCubbrey, University of Denver

We are soliciting papers on emerging ideas in Information Systems (IS)
that provide a "breakthrough" or innovative way of thinking. Our goal is
to stimulate original thinking and reconceptualization of existing
observations in service to the practice of IS. Our leaning is toward
addressing phenomena that confront leaders and workers in the IS domain as
well as the effects of using IS beyond organizations. We emphasize the
potential of such thinking to increase the value of our scholarly work to
our practitioner colleagues and our students, as they serve in the role of
change agents and entrepreneurs and engines of organizational and societal
progress. We want to stress the forward-looking positioning of this
endeavor.

We are particularly looking for conceptual papers or think pieces that
will help to bring forward emerging aspects of the field.  We are also
open to meta-analyses and literature reviews that emphasize what we have
learned in a particular domain and what questions remain to be addressed.
We are open to case studies and other methods that focus on practice. We
are as interested in the details of small accumulated choices/actions as
we are in the summary of these into the effects of large constructs on one
another.

Timetable for extended deadlines:
Submit abstract to co-editors by February 17, 2012
Submit paper by May 14, 2012
Reviews returned to authors by June 11, 2012
Revise and resubmit by August 20, 2012
Final decisions by September 10, 2012
Papers published by October 15, 2012

Review Process:
Inquiries prior to submission are welcome. Each paper will be reviewed by
at least two members of the Special Section review board. Papers will have
two rounds of peer review. The first round of reviews will provide
developmental guidance for improving those papers that are conditionally
accepted. Final selections for the Special Section will be made from the
second-round submissions.

Submission Instructions:
All submissions should be emailed to the guest editors in MSWord format,
following APA guidelines. Submit to niederfa at slu.edu and dmccubbr at du.edu.

PLEASE VISIT CAIS WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS, http://aisel.aisnet.org/cais/