[AISWorld] HICSS46 minitrack CFP: Information Issues in Supply Chain and in Service System Design

YABING JIANG yajiang at fordham.edu
Fri Mar 9 12:22:56 EST 2012

Call for Minitrack Papers: Information Issues in Supply Chain and in Service System Design
(Part of the Organizational Systems and Technology Track, HICSS 46)
We invite you to submit papers for the Information Issues in Supply Chain and in Service System Design minitrack at HICSS, January 7-10, 2013. The conference will be held on Maui, Hawaii.

We invite state-of-art empirical, theoretical, experimental, and simulation research along with rigorous case studies exploring the increasing complex roles that information systems now play in the design of successful operations at many supply chain and service systems. We are also soliciting comprehensive reviews of relevant research, and applications highlighting the use of new technologies, methods, and techniques. In particular, we want to systematically explore the complex interplay between business process designs, technology, organizational architectures, and information sharing. There is a growing body of research within the economics, marketing, operations management, information systems, and healthcare communities which are starting to address those issues. We expect to see applications analyzing enterprise resource allocation, call center management, capacity planning, revenue management, scheduling, inventory management, and global coordination of supply chains, logistical operations, dynamic pricing, contingent contracting, and the impact of information asymmetry across market agents. Thus the track is open to a wide range of content areas that lend themselves to the analysis of information issues in Supply Chain and Service System Design.

Selected papers from the minitrack will be fast tracked to the special issue of DSS.
Important Dates:
June 15 Submit full manuscripts for review.
Aug 15 Acceptance notices are emailed to authors by the Review System.
Sept 15 Accepted authors submit Final Paper
Oct 1 Early registration fee deadline.
Oct 15 Papers without at least one registered author will be deleted from the Proceedings and not scheduled for presentation.
Details on the conference and venue as well as instructions for authors can be found at:
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_46/apahome46.htm

Minitrack Co-Chairs:
Abraham Seidmann (Primary contact), Simon Graduate School of Business Administration
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627; Phone: 585-275–5694; Email: Avi.Seidmann at Simon.Rochester.edu
Yabing Jiang,  Graduate School of Business, Fordham University; Phone: 212-636-6131; Email: yajiang at fordham.edu
Jie Zhang, College of Business, University of Texas at Arlington; Phone: 817-272-0537; Email: jiezhang at uta.edu

Yabing Jiang, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Information Systems
Graduate School of Business Administration
Fordham University