[AISWorld] Survey Participation Request - Views of the IS Discipline

James Love jlove8 at tigers.lsu.edu
Tue Sep 4 09:46:27 EDT 2012

 AIS Members,

Recent opinions regarding the future of Information Systems suggest that
the field faces a number of perceived problems (Ives and Adams, 2012).
 Some of these perceived problems have been discussed in the IS literature
for some time: e.g. the rigor/relevance debate and the “IS core” debate.
Other problems are more pragmatic such as funding, student numbers, and
faculty salaries.  We are interested in the broader IS community’s view of
these issues as well as how the IS domain is represented by IS community.

We are conducting a research study to assess how the “Information Systems”
discipline is represented and thought about by various stakeholders. To
this end, we would appreciate a few minutes of your time to fill out a
brief questionnaire.  You can help by completing the short survey (about 5
minutes) at the following URL:

http://lsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3xbOlnY51gE7GhC

Thanks in advance for your participation.  Results of the survey will be
made available upon request.  If you have any questions or would like to
obtain the results, you may contact James Love at jlove8 at lsu.edu.

Reference:

Blake Ives and Dennis Adams. Shaping the future of IT within the academy.
SIGMIS Database 43, 2 33-43. DOI=10.1145/2212757.2212764
http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2212757.2212764

Sincerely,

Jim Love

--