[AISWorld] DEADLINE EXTENSION: CFP for SIG Information Quality (SIGIQ) Workshop, Dec 16, Orlando, FL
Chon.Abraham at mason.wm.edu
Wed Oct 17 09:20:10 EDT 2012
QUALITY INFORMATION IN ORGANIZATIONS AND SOCIETY
Pre ICIS Workshop Sponsored by SIG Information Quality, AIS.
Sunday, December 16, 2012, 9 am-6 pm
Orlando World Center Marriott Hotel, Orlando, Florida
• Paper Submission Deadline EXTENDED: Friday, October 26, 2012
• Acceptance Decision BEGINS: October 20, 2012
• Early Bird Registration: by October 23, 2012
• Camera-ready version: by November 2, 2012
• Paper Format: AIS format (ICIS/AMCIS)
THEME: SERVICE INNOVATION WITH QUALITY INFORMATION
We invite submissions in all related areas of IS research applicable to studying quality information for service innovation in organizations and supply chains. With the increasing discussion of the “big data” and business analytics, the workshop plans to ask: how organizations harness quality information for delivering innovative service in the environment of the “big data”. The intent of this workshop is to share new and emerging research findings and experiences on how organizations collect, store, mine, manage, and use internal and external information to differentiate and achieve various organizational goals by designing and delivering innovative services to their customers or stakeholders. The workshop is open to a variety of research methods including conceptual, empirical, and technical methods (qualitative, quantitative, and design science approaches). The workshop is seeking completed research papers*, research-in-progress, teaching cases, educational games, and extended abstracts in the following areas and contexts, but not limited to:
* Health care service delivery
* Medical errors and accidents
* Financial service
* E-Government service
* Information sharing in Supply Chains
* Data standards development and management
* Data integration and data analytics
* Data governance mechanisms
* Data mining and analysis
* Social networking business
* Information visualization methods and techniques
* Emerging roles: chief data officers, information quality managers, data scientists
* Privacy, security, information ethics, information policy and strategies.
*Outstanding completed research papers will be fast-tracked to ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality (acmJDIQ)
Submissions and Inquiries to: sigIQworkshop2012 at gmail.com<mailto:sigIQworkshop2012 at gmail.com>
* Include an abstract of 300 words for all submission categories.
* Completed Research Paper: maximum 5,000 words
* Research-in-progress Paper, case, game and others: maximum 3,000 words
* Extended Abstract: 2-3 pages, single-spaced, excluding Figures, Tables, and References.
Early bird Registration
Early bird Registration by October 23rd, for SIGIQ members: US $100 (faculty); US $50 (student); US$ 150 (practitioner) at https://ais.site-ym.com/store/view_product.asp?id=1253814
SIG IQ membership: $10 for AIS members: http://www.northeastern.edu/iqworld/sigiq/join.html
Chon Abraham, College of William and Mary
Iris Junglas, Florida State University
Yang Lee, Northeastern University
Stuart Madnick, MIT
sigIQ AIS, College of William and Mary, Florida State University, D’Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University, MIT IQ Program, Xi’An Jiatong University, China.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AISWorld