[AISWorld] Digital Forensics Faculty Position in Information Technology Management Department (School of Business) at SUNY, Albany

Goel, Sanjay goel at albany.edu
Tue Oct 23 12:36:41 EDT 2012

Faculty Position in Digital Forensics in the School of Business at the University at Albany, State University of New York
Information Technology Management Department
Qualifications:
The School of Business of the University at Albany, State University of New York invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor in Digital Forensics beginning Fall 2013. The candidate should have a strong background in the area of digital forensics.Expertise in creating and evaluating forensics procedures would be highly desirable. Also desirable would be expertise in information security. This position is a part of a bold multi-year “2020 initiative” to implement an undergraduate Digital Forensics major featuring both face-to-face and online learning.
We expect the new faculty member to participate in research as well as curriculum / program / lab development, advisement, management and teaching, and grant activities. We strongly prefer candidates with demonstrated experience in applying for and obtaining external funding.  The successful candidate will be expected to complement the existing strengths of those involved in the intended undergraduate Digital Forensics major.
This is a 10-month appointment that allows for supplementary summer salary from research funding. The normal teaching load is two courses per semester for faculty who work with graduate students and who are research active (before course buyouts). We expect newfaculty to strengthen our majors, strengthen our undergraduate program, andstrengthen the University mission through (i) teaching with distinction, (ii) maintaining a strong externally funded research program, (iii) effectively mentoring graduate students, and (iv) participating as necessary in service to the department, college, and the university.
Requirements:
Applicants should expect to have a Ph.D. by September 2013 from a university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.  We will consider exceptional candidates who are expected to defend and complete their dissertation work in fall 2013 as well.
Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with and instruct a culturally diverse population.
 Additional Information:
Professional Rank and Salary Range:  Assistant Professor – Competitive
Start Date:  August 26, 2013
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml

THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:

  *   A detailed Curriculum Vitae with publications cited in detail
  *   Information on present or past grants (both grants applied and grants successful)
  *   A statement of research and teaching goals
  *   The names and contact information of three references
  *   Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with and instruct a culturally diverse population
  *   At least three reference letters

The entire package should be sent to:
Sanjay Goel
Chair, information Technology Management Department
School of Business, BA 310b
University at Albany, State University of New York
1400 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 12222
Applications should be received by December 24, 2012 to receive full consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.