[AISWorld] IS Research Repository

Weible, Rick weible at marshall.edu
Tue Oct 23 13:58:59 EDT 2012

As research and information is exploding, a.k.a. "big data" conducting a thorough literature review is becoming a daunting, time-consuming task. While many in academia have snubbed open sourced information sources such as Wikipedia, I believe it would be extremely useful for AIS, another organization or dare I suggest even an open sourced group to develop a wiki site for sharing literature searches.

In conducting a literature review I feel I am often re-creating the wheel. The authors of articles by sited in research have conducted literature reviews, so future research is duplicating their efforts. A site dedicated to IS research would be one way to begin dealing with the increased burden of information overload. A new model for research publication and sharing needs to be created.

Should not we in information technologies be leading the way?

I would appreciate your thoughts!

Dr. Rick Weible
Professor of MIS
Marshall University