[AISWorld] An Information Systems Course on Coursera

Hank Lucas hlucas at rhsmith.umd.edu
Tue Nov 13 12:00:05 EST 2012

I will be teaching a MOOC on Coursera this spring on Surviving
Disruptive Technologies.  You can visit www.coursera.org and click on
University of Maryland College Park to see the courses the University
is offering.  If you click on my course you will go to the “landing
page” which gives the details (https://www.coursera.org/course/sdt).
As of this morning there were 2557 people registered for the course,
and there is room for an unlimited number of additional participants
if you, your colleagues or students are interested.  I am excited
about teaching in this new environment, and as our dean remarked, it
seems appropriate to be using a disruptive technology to teach about
disruptive technologies.

Hank Lucas
--

Robert H. Smith Professor of Information Systems
Department of Decision, Operations and Information Technologies
hlucas at rhsmith.umd.edu
http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/dit/Faculty/lucas.html