[AISWorld] AISworld posting

Adir adireven at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:19:02 EST 2012

Dear editors of the AISworld mailing list,

I'll be very thankful is you could please

distribute the following note through

the AISWorld mailing list.

Thanks,

Dr. Adir Even

The Department of Industrial Engineering and Management

Ben-Gurion University of the Negev

Subject: Inquiry regarding BI, business analytics and data scientist programs

Dear members of the AIS,

The department of Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU), currently  offers a few courses that cover topics such as data analysis, business intelligence (BI), data warehousing, advanced statistics, data mining, machine learning, big data, and visualization.

We are looking into the possibility of further extending our offering in those areas and possibly develop a graduate and/or undergraduate program and/or concentration to develop such skills and deliver to the job market BI professionals, Business analytics experts, and data scientists.

If your school/department offers such programs , we invite you to share your experience with degree programs or concentrations with us. We will post a summary of all the responses for the benefit of the AIS community.

Thank you,

Adir Even ( <javascript:main.compose('new','t=adireven at bgu.ac.il')> adireven at bgu.ac.il) & Nava Pliskin ( <javascript:main.compose('new','t=pliskinn at bgu.ac.il')> pliskinn at bgu.ac.il)