[AISWorld] fraud and a warning to all IS World people

Sam Lubbe Sam.Lubbe at nwu.ac.za
Mon Jan 14 03:33:42 EST 2013

** High Priority **

Hallo to all

Compliments to all readers.

We have discovered a '419' scheme in publication. Please let all people
know of this. It would also be interesting to know if anybody else
experienced similar circumstances.

It was with alarm that one of the co-authors of an article to African
Journal of Business Management  received the message below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your paper manuscript which was accepted for publication in the African
Journal of Business Management has been fully processed and is now ready
to be published. However we are unable to proceed with the publication
because we are yet to receive the manuscript handling fee for your
paper.

Kindly make payment through Western Union Money Transfer to:

Name: Edokpolor John Onome
Delta State Nigeria

Please do indicate clearly the:

A) Control Number
B) Sender’s name and address
c) Telephone number (if included)
D) Test question and answer
E) Amount

Thank you oncea again

Best regards,

Ejegi Precious
Editorial Assistant
African Journal of Business Management(AJBM)
E-mail: academicjournals.ajbm at gmail.com
www.academicjournals.org/ajbm

We have submitted an article to AJBM but the last part of the email
address is not correct. Fortunately my co-author checked details and we
discovered the fraudulent scheme. In our contact with AJBM, they told us
they knew of the scheme. The big questions is why did they not notify
other authors. My one question, that they have not answered, was how did
these people got hold of the details of the submission details.

Kindest regards

Sam

Vrywaringsklousule / Disclaimer:
http://www.nwu.ac.za/it/gov-man/disclaimer.html