[AISWorld] Reverse engineering of models for simulating organizations

Ilia Bider ilia at ibissoft.se
Fri Apr 5 06:28:55 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

We are conducting a project of creating a system that would help our
students to learn modeling skills (goal modeling, conceptual modeling,
process modeling, etc.) in an environment as similar as possible to the
real one. I already asked and get some responses about the software that
could be used for simulating artificial cases (see my previous message
from today). This request is about ideas of creating scripts to be
implemented with this software. Our current thinking is as follows. We
start with a textual description of an artificial case, and build a
model of the type we want. Than the model is split into some segments
(most probably intersecting) and then each segment is converted into a
piece of simulated reality that would give the students information
needed to build the corresponding piece of the model. A piece of reality
could be part of an interview with  a domain expert/stakeholder, an
announcement on the simulated organization's bulletin board, a protocol
of the management meeting, etc.

If you happen to know any literature, projects, experience reports of a
similar kind, please share the information with us. A customary list of
response will, as usual, be posted back to the list

-- Thanks and best regards/Ilia
Dr. Ilia Bider
Process- och systemutvecklingskonsult at ibissoft.se
Lektor & Forskare at DSV.su.se