[AISWorld] Evaluating the need to revise MSIS 2006

Heikki Topi hetopi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 07:21:29 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues:

The AIS Council and ACM Education Board have decided to evaluate the need
for revising MSIS 2006, the current master's level model curriculum in
Information Systems. The societies have established a small joint task
force to conduct a preliminary review to assess the need for a revision;
the members of the task force are Al Harris, Heikki Topi, Ramesh
Venkataraman, and Rolf Wigand.

As part of this preliminary evaluation, the task force is comparing MSIS
2006 with the curricula of leading MS programs in IS, soliciting specific
feedback from MSIS directors, and performing an initial evaluation of the
ability of MSIS 2006 to serve the global IS community. In addition to these
processes, we would like to solicit general feedback from the AIS community
regarding MSIS 2006 and the need to launch a process to revise it. Please
note that this is not yet a request for detailed suggestions regarding
specific changes needed; instead, we would like to receive your general
comments that will help us formulate a recommendation to the AIS Council
and ACM Education Board regarding the need for a revision process and the
nature of a possible revision.

Please use the following link to submit your feedback through a quick and
simple survey: https://bentley.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4PCx5U5tZXdkDc1 .

You are, of course, also welcome to contact the task force directly by
e-mail at htopi at bentley.edu.

We would appreciate it if you could get your comments by May 15, 2013. It
is a busy time of the year for all of us, but we hope that providing this
initial feedback regarding the need for a MSIS 2006 revision will not be
too time consuming. Thank you in advance for your comments!

On behalf of the joint AIS/ACM task force,

Heikki Topi