[AISWorld] Submissions to the Business Intelligence Journal

hugh J watson hwatson at uga.edu
Wed Sep 4 21:18:54 EDT 2013

I'd like to invite you to consider contributing to the Business Intelligence Journal.

The Business Intelligence Journal is a quarterly publication of the best, most educational, forward-looking thought pieces in the business intelligence and data warehousing industry. It is read by BI/analytics/DW professionals who are looking for creative approaches, new ideas, and tried-and-true techniques.

All submissions are reviewed by the editorial staff for timeliness, actionable information, and vendor neutrality. Please visit tdwi.org/journalsubmissions<http://click.1105data.com/?qs=50b7872b285500cf150809b1dff89183590d0bcddad33039ecd87e6cb0f81f73d74c485da44c2c29> for complete submission guidelines. Article submissions must not promote products or companies in any way, must not have been published previously in any form, and must be completely educational in nature.

If you are thinking about submitting a manuscript, there are several things that you should consider.

*         Read several articles for the Business Intelligence Journal before you begin writing to get a feel for the writing. Articles for a practitioner audience are different than for academics. Send me a message (hwatson at uga.edu<mailto:hwatson at uga.edu>) and I'll send you sample articles.

*         Manuscripts should be conversational in tone, timely, actionable, interesting, and relatively short (3,000 to 5,000 words).

*         Do not include literature reviews, extensive citations, research questions, research models, or statistical analyses. Discuss what you found from your research and what it means for practice rather than how you conducted the research.

*         Your submissions will be reviewed in weeks, rather than months. Manuscripts are usually accepted or rejected based on the initial submission. Requests for revisions are rare and are normally minor, and all manuscripts are professionally copy edited. Manuscripts are either accepted or rejected for each issue; as a result, there is a minimal publishing backlog and manuscripts are published in three to six months after acceptance.

I look forward to seeing your original work in the Journal soon. Please contact me (hwatson at uga.edu<mailto:hwatson at uga.edu>) if you have questions. Submissions should be sent to the Journal's managing editor, Jennifer Agee (journal at tdwi.org<mailto:journal at tdwi.org>).

Sincerely,
Hugh J. Watson
Senior Editor, Business Intelligence Journal