[AISWorld] A new book on Applying Systems Thinking in Architecting Enterprises

Ilia Bider ilia at ibissoft.se
Sun Sep 15 03:57:51 EDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

Those who teachers systems theory or/and enterprise architecture,
please, consider using a new book for your courses:

Beyond Alignment: Applying Systems Thinking in Architecting Enterprises
Edited by John Gøtze and Anders Jensen-Waud

published in the Systems Series
<http://www.collegepublications.co.uk/systems/> by College Publications
<http://www.collegepublications.co.uk/about/>. The Systems series
publishes books related to Systems Science, Systems Thinking and/or
Systems Engineering. The series is a cooperative enterprise between
College Publications, the School of Systems and Enterprises at Stevens
Institute of Technology and the Bertalanffy Center for the Study of
Systems Science (BCSSS). Series editors are Harold "Bud" Lawson, Jon P.
Wade and Wolfgang Hofkirchener.

The book http://beyondalignment.com/ is available from amazon.com
http://amzn.to/17yi3Rq
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Famzn%2Eto%2F17yi3Rq&urlhash=Bp3S&_t=commentary-share-link&trk=commentary-share-link>.
International editions follows shortly. Table of contents find below.

Best regards /Ilia

P.S. I am partial here, as I co-authored a chapter in this book :-)

*------------------------------------
Table of contents*/
/

/Foreword/
Peter Bernus

/Foreword/
Dirk Baecker

/Introducing Beyond Alignment/
John Gøtze and Anders Jensen-Waud

*Part I: Enterprise Architecture and Systems Thinking*

/Positioning Enterprise Architecture as a Strategic Discipline in
Organizations/
Sally Bean

/Enterprise Architecture in a Systemic Context/
Tue Westmark Steensen

/Enterprise Architecture and EA Governance: A Stratified Systems Approach/
Janne J. Korhonen

/Enterprise Architecture in Enterprise Engineering/
Jan Hoogervorst and Jan Dietz

/Systems Thinking as the Foundation for Architecting the Sustainable
Enterprise/
Leo Laverdure and Alex Conn

/Embedding Systemic Thinking into Enterprise Architecture/
Mesbah Khan

*Part 2: The Brain and the Heart of the Enterprise*

/Why Business Should Take Enterprise Architecture Seriously/
Patrick Hoverstadt

/Diagnosing the Enterprise Architecture with the Viable System Model/
Adrian Campell

/Enterprise Architecture and the Viable Systems Model/
Mikkel Stokbro Holst

/Enterprise Controllability and Viability/
Olusola O. Oduntan and Namkyu Park

/Enterprise as Story, Enterprise as System/
Tom Graves

*Part 3: Practicing Systems Thinking*

/An Open Socio-Technical Systems Approach to Enterprise Architecture/
James Lapalme and Don deGuerre

/Viewing Enterprises and their Architectures from a Unified System
Perspective/
Harold "Bud" Lawson

/Transforming the Enterprise Using a Systems Approach/
James Martin

/The Wise Doctor and the Foolish Consultant: A Fairy Tale for Our Times/
Dennis Sherwood

/Systems Thinking in Healthcare IT in Denmark/
Rasmus Fischer Frost and Linda Clod Præstholm

*Part 4: Systems Thinking in the Enterprise*

**/Capability Formation Architecture for Provincial Reconstruction in
Afghanistan/
Olov Östberg, Per Johannisson and Per-Arne Persson

/Holistic Management, Sense-Making and Intelligent Business/
Peter Sjølin

/Balancing Agility with Stability: Systemic View on Business Processes/
Ilia Bider, Gene Bellinger and Erik Perjons

/Intelligent Enterprise Systemics and Pragmatics/
Jack Ring

/Modeling and Simulating Firm Performance with System Dynamics/
John Morecroft

Dr. Ilia Bider
Process- och systemutvecklingskonsult at ibissoft.se
Lektor & Forskare at DSV.su.se