[AISWorld] JITCAR, Volume 15, Number 3 published

Shailendra Palvia Shailendra.Palvia at liu.edu
Mon Nov 18 19:28:43 EST 2013

Dear AISworld members:

On behalf of new EIC of JITCAR Dr. Andrew Urbaczweski and in my capacity as the Founding Editor and EIC of JITCAR For nine years, it is my pleasure to announce issue 15.3 (59th issue) of JITCAR.

Sincerely

Dr. Shailendra Palvia
Professor of MIS, College of Management
Long Island University Post, Brookville, NY 11801.
http://liu.edu/CWPost/Academics/Faculty/P/Shailendra-Palvia.aspx?rn=Faculty&ru=/CWPost/Academics/Faculty.aspx
World Conference Chairperson, Twelfth Annual International Smart Sourcing Conference
www.outsourceglobal.org<http://www.outsourceglobal.org/> , Toronto, Canada, June 26-27, 2014
2012 LIU Post Nominee for Abraham Krasnoff Lifetime Scholarship Achievement Award
Faculty Advisor for the Indo-American Club
Founding Editor, Journal of IT Case and Applications Research (JITCAR), www.jitacr.org<http://www.jitacr.org/>
Phone #: 732-983-7034

JITCAR, Volume 15, Number 3, 2013 1
>From the Editor's Desk
It is my pleasure to provide for you this first issue of my editorship. This issue reflects
the hard work of authors and reviewers, largely before my time as EIC. I am happy
though to provide their work to the community.
As the chair of the Business Information and Analytics Department at the Daniels
College of Business at the University of Denver, I particularly welcome new submissions
related to cases and application research around analytics and big data. This field is full
of examples today, and scholars I know will have ample abilities for theory building and
theory testing. This is not to say that I am not interested in other areas and JITCAR will
continue to publish case studies from around the world of IT and IS research.
The first paper is by Bill Kuechler, Dave Croasdell, and Siganga Wawdo of the
University of Nevada, Examining Resistance to Information Systems Implementation:
During the start of a recent fiscal year, Teamware Corporate Commercial Operations
created a new vision for its Operations Account Management team, challenging them to
play a more strategic role in enabling revenue and providing operational expertise
beyond the primarily transactional work they carried out. An essential component of this
strategy would involve implementing and using the Essentrix (tm) customer relationship
management (CRM) module. This case offers a study of the CRM implementation effort
through its various stages, focusing on the resistance displayed by the Operations
Account Management team and how management and the project champions attempted
to use their impact and influence to overcome the resistance to the module. Resistance to
IS system installation is ubiquitous and understanding, minimizing and overcoming this
resistance is vital to the successful management of organizational IS/IT.
Although future challenges remain, Teamware management continues to focus on the
factors that they hope will lead to successful implementation while building readiness for
change in the Operations Account Management team, trying to ensure the success of the
CRM implementation.
The second paper is by Erkan Ucar of Bilkent University and Semih Bilgen of Middle
East Technical University, A Case-Based Model For Assessing The Effectiveness Of
Information Systems Outsourcing:
The objective of the research reported in this paper is to construct a model for assessing the
effectiveness of Information Systems (IS) outsourcing. "Lack of in-house expertise" and "cost
effectiveness" are widely accepted as major factors of motivation for IS outsourcing. In contrast
>From the Editor's Desk
JITCAR, Volume 15, Number 3, 2013 2
with the decision models which are executed before an outsourcing engagement (a-priori), this
effectiveness assessment model will be an a-posteriori guide which will enable clients to assess
their outsourcing performance and re-evaluate their business and management strategies.
Although various decision models and analytical frameworks have been proposed before, the
literature is not abundant on a complete qualitative model. This paper examines the factors for
outsourcing effectiveness through qualitative research conducted with multiple case studies for
information systems developed for public organizations in the specific context of Turkey. A
conceptual model consisting of various hypotheses is constructed and qualitatively evaluated.
I wish to thank Professor Suprateek Sarker and Professor Phil Longstreet for their years
of dedication to JITCAR and their dedication to increasing the quality and reputation of
JITCAR. I have been pleased to work with Suprateek for over 15 years in a variety of
circumstances, and wish him well as he begins his new position as EIC of the Journal of
the Association for Information Systems and Professor in the McIntyre School of
Commerce at the University of Virginia. Phil has recently taken a position at the
University of Michigan-Flint and I wish him the best there as well.
Sincerely,
Andrew Urbaczewski
Editor in Chief