[AISWorld] Summary of responses on "PhD dissertations using Design Science"

ilia ilia at ibissoft.se
Sun Feb 9 12:03:22 EST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

On our request for links to PhD dissertations that used Design Science
approach (repeated at the end of this message), we got the list of
references presented below.

We are thankful to all who responded.

Thank you and best regards

Ilia

------------------------
List of references

1. Lainema, T.  (2003). Enhancing Organizational Business Process
Perception - Experiences from Constructing and Applying a Dynamic
Business Simulation Game. Turku School of Economics, Series A-5:2003
(Doctoral dissertation). ISBN: 951-564-139-X. Online:
http://info.tse.fi/julkaisut/vk/Ae5_2003.pdf

2.http://eprints.qut.edu.au/60865/

3.http://repositorium.sdum.uminho.pt/handle/1822/22892

4. http://mro.massey.ac.nz/handle/10179/4653

5.  https://eprints.usq.edu.au/23774/2/Gacenga_2013_front.pdf

6.
http://repository.tudelft.nl/view/ir/uuid%3Ac780655a-c69d-487a-9b9c-600e9b98dd5d/

7. Sangeeta Karmokar. "Improving the Website Design Process for SMEs: A
Design Science Perspective" Faculty of Business and Law, Auckland
University of Technology (PhD thesis)

8. Ronald Maier and Andreas Schmidt. Explaining organizational knowledge
creation with a knowledge maturing model. In: Knowledge Management
Research & Practice (2014) 1–21
part of the MATURE project http://mature-ip.eu

9.Tate, Nicholas J.A. (2009) A Framework for Assessing Certification
Schemes for IT Security Professionals, unpublished PhD thesis, Deakin
University, Melbourne, Australia. http://dro.deakin.edu.au/view/DU:30027495

--------------------------------
Dear Colleagues,

Hereby, we kindly request your help in our efforts to investigate the
connection between Design Science Research (DSR) on one hand and
Empirical Research (ER) on the other. The general outline for this
investigation was presented at and published in the proceedings of
DESRIST 2013 as research in progress:

Bider I., Johannesson P., Perjons E., Using Empirical Knowledge and
Studies in the Frame of Design Science Research. In J. vom Brocke et al.
(Eds.): DESRIST 2013, LNCS 7939, Springer, 2013, pp. 463–470:
http://bit.ly/13UzzhQ

Now, we are going into the second stage - "adding meat to the bones",
and validating the approach in practice. For this, we need reports on
completed projects done under DSR paradigm. Currently, we believe that
the best source for such reports would be completed doctoral thesis with
Design Science as dominated approach. Our belief is connected to the
fact that PhD candidates are required to report not only on the results
of their research, but also detailed methods used when obtaining them.

We would appreciate any links/reference to PhD thesis in IS, your own or
you students or colleagues, that were completed using DSR as the main
approach for obtaining the results. Best of all, we would like links
that allows to download the texts of the thesis.

Thanks you for cooperation.
The compiled list will be posted back to the list.

--Sincerely Ilia
Dr. Ilia Bider
Process- och systemutvecklingskonsult at IbisSoft.se
Lektor & Forskare/Docent i data- och systemvetenskap at DSV.su.se
ilia at ibissoft.se        +46 (0)8 164998
The third workshop on Adaptive Case Management ...
http://acm2014.blogs.dsv.su.se/