[AISWorld] CFP: SEJ Special Issue on Entrepreneurship and Open Innovation

Satish Nambisan snambisan99 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:44:56 EDT 2014

Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal (SEJ)

Special Issue on Entrepreneurship and Open Innovation

Special Issue Editors: Satish Nambisan, UW-Milwaukee; Donald Siegel,
UAlbany; Martin Kenney, UC-Davis

The wider recognition and adoption of open innovation (OI) approaches
across various sectors and industries has yielded promising new
entrepreneurial opportunities for diffusing knowledge and inventions (by
independent inventors, university researchers, customers/users, citizens,
etc.). This special issue will focus on how such OI approaches—in all their
diversity—affect the nature, structure, process, and outcomes of
entrepreneurship. In particular, we invite scholars to focus on the
implications of OI for corporate, university, and social entrepreneurship.

Among other topics, we are interested in studies that examine
entrepreneurship opportunities opened up by digital (IT-based) platforms
and ecosystems.

We welcome research that:

(a) applies existing/emergent theoretical perspectives from economics,
sociology, psychology, and other disciplines to improve our understanding
of how the emergence of more open innovation ecosystems and models may
reshape entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial activities;
(b) develops new conceptual models integrating concepts from
entrepreneurship and innovation management to develop a fine-grained
understanding of the diverse new actors and their roles in entrepreneurship
due to the adoption of OI approaches; and,
(c) assesses the impact of the changes in the structure and process of
entrepreneurship driven by OI on technology commercialization.

The submission deadline is May 15, 2015.

For more details, visit
http://sej.strategicmanagement.net/entrepreneurship_and_strategy.php

Satish Nambisan
Professor of Entrepreneurship & Technology Management
Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, P. O. Box 742,  Milwaukee, WI 53201
Tel: 414-229-6865; Email: nambisan at uwm.edu; Web:
http://www.satishnambisan.org