[AISWorld] Call for Review Articles

Dennis, Alan R. ardennis at indiana.edu
Tue Jul 29 15:07:24 EDT 2014

I'm pleased to announce a new journal focused on review articles: Foundations and Trends in Information Systems http://nowpublishers.com/isy

FnTIS is part of a successful family of review journals published by Now Publishers. FnTIS will publish only review articles, not the usual empirical articles. Articles are typically 50-80 pages. Each article should have a clear organizing framework for discussing its topic, but it is not necessary to create new theory, as some MISQ Review articles do. Our scope is wide; virtually any topic that could be argued to be IS is appropriate. There are some topics listed on the Web site, but these are not meant to be constraining.

Our goal is to publish must-read articles that summarize the state of the art in a particular topic area, so that anyone who does subsequent research in that area will find the article useful. A typical article in one of the FnT journals has an average citation count of 400 (using Google Scholar), so articles have the potential to be very high impact.

If you are working on a review article or a literature review you would like to turn into a review article, please send me a note, and I'll be happy to provide guidance on how to write an article that FnTIS would be interested in.

Thanks
Alan Dennis (ardennis at indiana.edu)
Editor in Chief, FnTIS

Advisory Board
Izak Benbasat, University of British Columbia
Detmar Straub, Georgia State University
Hugh Watson, University of Georgia

Editors
Patrick Finnegan, The University of New South Wales
Alok Gupta, University of Minnesota
Al Hevner, University of South Florida
Allen Lee, Virginia Commonwealth University
M. Lynne Markus, Bentley University
Carol Saunders, University of Central Florida
Dov Te'eni, Tel-Aviv University
Joe Valacich, University of Arizona
Leslie Willcocks, London School of Economics