[AISWorld] Got Analytics?/AMCIS 2015!

Thomas Stafford (tstaffor) tstaffor at memphis.edu
Tue Nov 4 14:34:41 EST 2014

Hello scholars!

As Decision Sciences Journal cements its position as a resource and preferred destination for top-tier business analytics research, we considered a way to bring the Journal to you. AMCIS 2015 Program Chairs Carol Saunders and Paul Pavlou, along with SIGDSA leader Ozguer Turetken and myself, have arrived at an attractive and compelling offering of Analytics opportunities for the Puerto Rico conference this summer.

For the best and most promising papers targeted to the SIG DSA track, focused on analytics topics, we will have a "Best Papers Session" of the Track which will showcase promising analytics research selected for fast-tracking to the Analytics section of Decision Sciences Journal. And, for authors desiring to target Decision Sciences Journal with Analytics research, but needing some hands-on developmental assistance, we will also sponsor a pre-conference Manuscript Workshop on Analytics, staffed by myself, my most skilled and senior Analytics editorial board staff, leading analytics authors and Ozgur Turetken as SIGDSA chair.

Our forthcoming calls for papers will include the following consideration, which speaks to the goal we have of advancing Analytics research through the AMCIS venue:

"We are excited to announce that starting this year the best analytics research and research in progress papers in the [SIGDSA] track will be considered for fast tracking to Decision Sciences Journal (DSJ). The authors of the selected papers will be notified of this decision at the same time the acceptance decisions are sent to authors, and will be invited to attend a DSJ development workshop that is part of the pre-conference program."

So, keep us in mind, send us your best manuscripts, and do plan on being with us in Puerto Rico at AMCIS 2015 as we move Analytics research forward with you.

Regards

Tom Stafford, Editor

Thomas F. Stafford, Ph.D.
Editor, Decision Sciences Journal