[AISWorld] Fwd: FW: Postdoc opportunity at UNISA - Humanities-enriched Information Systems

Jan Kroeze jan.kroeze at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 05:49:35 EST 2015

*Subject:* Postdoc opportunity at UNISA - Humanities-enriched Information
Systems

Dear colleagues, I would like to invite suitable candidates to apply for a
postdoctoral fellowship at the University of South Africa (Roodepoort,
Johannesburg). I am particularly interested in postdocs who are interested
in research on Humanities-enriched Information Systems, for example:

* Hermeneutics in IS

* Linguistics in IS

* Arts in IS

* History of IS

* Philosophy in IS

* Law and IS

* Theology and IS

We would like to dig deeper on various issues, such as:
·         How does/can Humanities (linguistics, arts, philosophy, history,
law, hermeneutics) theories enrich IS?
·         How does/can IS theories enrich the Humanities?
·         How does the Humanities enrich IS on an applied/practical level?
·         How is IS applied to the Humanities on an applied/practical level?

Other topics that we are interested in, are:
 ·         A critical evaluation of the dichotomy between positivism and
interpretivism as Information Systems research philosophies from the wider
perspective of the philosophy of science

·         Exploring the alignment of positivism and interpretivism with
empiricism and rationalism in Information Systems theory

Please see the Unisa call for postdoctoral fellowships attached. The call
for applications for* Post-doctoral Fellowship Programme *is open for the
whole year (2015)*.* Please contact me for more details at
kroezjh at unisa.ac.za

Regards,

Prof JH Kroeze (kroezjh at unisa.ac.za)
CoD:  Research and Community Engagement
CENSE Manager
School of Computing
College of Science, Engineering and Technology
University of South Africa
Private Bag X6, Florida, 1710
GJ Gerwel Building C4-27
UNISA Science Campus
C/o Christiaan de Wet Road and Pioneer Avenue
Florida Park, Roodepoort, South Africa
Tel. +27 11 670 9117
Fax. +27 86 587 4127
Email: kroezjh at unisa.ac.za