[AISWorld] AMCIS 2015 Mid-Career Faculty Workshop

Stacie Petter spetter at unomaha.edu
Thu May 7 13:06:20 EDT 2015

Calling all Associate Professors, including those who have attended a mid-career workshop in the past!  The AMCIS 2015 Mid-Career Workshop is an interactive, peer-led workshop for mid-career faculty, by mid-career faculty, and is designed just for you.  The workshop will be held on Thursday, August 13th from 8:00am - 2:30pm at the El Conquistador Waldorf Astoria Resort in Puerto Rico.
After reaching the milestone of tenure and promotion, mid-career professors often themselves at a crossroads, fully responsible for structuring the advancement of their own professional growth and wondering; how do I find my fit and identify new goals?  What is it that I want to be known for and how do I create a personal brand that makes my work stand apart?
Mid-career is an exciting but complex and varied time when individuals have the freedom to explore new opportunities and define a unique career path that is consistent with their individual interests and talents; however, the potential of mid-career can be squandered if individuals fail to identify meaningful goals and growth opportunities in order to find their fit.  Many post-tenure individuals who reach this crossroads find a lack of institutional support and a formal mentorship structure post-tenure, the AMCIS 2015 Mid-Career Workshop is designed with this in mind. This mid-career workshop is specifically for those that have reached tenure and/or promotion to associate professor and are now wondering how best to define new career goals, find their fit, and create a personal brand to convey what they want to be known for, set them apart, and facilitate a lasting legacy.  The facilitators and panelists are mid-career faculty that have defined a set of unique goals for themselves and have crafted a unique personal brand.  Panelists are from a mix of research-oriented universities and teaching-oriented universities.
The theme of this workshop is "Finding Your Fit" as a mid-career Associate Professor.  As a participant you can expect panel discussions and to join in breakout sessions and interactive peer-to-peer discussions.  For more details, visit http://amcis2015.aisnet.org/mid-career-workshop.
Registration is only $25, but attendance is limited to the first 40 registrants.  It is an AIS-sponsored event, so all participants must be registered for the conference.
Panelists include:
Angelika Dimoka, Temple University
Stacie Petter, Baylor University
Adriane Randolph, Kennesaw State University
Andrew Schwarz, Louisiana State University
For more information, contact the workshop organizers: Sandi Richardson at sandra.richardson at memphis.edu<mailto:sandra.richardson at memphis.edu> or Stacie Petter at staciecpetter at gmail.com<mailto:staciecpetter at gmail.com>.