[AISWorld] Please help with study on your online data collection practices

Jessica Vitak vitakjes at msu.edu
Sun May 10 10:56:02 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Some of you may already know me, but my name is Jessica Vitak and I'm an
assistant professor at the UMD's iSchool. Some colleagues and I are working
on a research project to better understand how ethics play into study
design, data collection and analysis of online data, including server logs,
text mining, and survey data.

We need your help! If you're a researcher (academic, industry, or
otherwise) who works with this kind of data, please take 15 minutes to
complete this survey. This is an important topic for the AIS community to
be thinking about and discussing, so we would really appreciate any
feedback or insights you can share. We also encourage you to share this
link with coauthors and colleagues.

*Survey link:* http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2093908/OnlineData-Ethics-Study

Thanks,
Jessica Vitak, Katie Shilton, & Zahra Ashktorab
College of Information Studies, University of Maryland
ischool.umd.edu

**Apologies if you have already been contacted directly by me about this
study. Please only complete the survey once.**