[AISWorld] Fwd: FW: Invitation to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship in Humanities-enriched Information Systems

Jan Kroeze jan.kroeze at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 01:39:32 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues/students, I would like to invite suitable candidates to
apply for a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of South Africa
(Roodepoort, Johannesburg). I am particularly interested in postdocs who
are interested in research on Humanities-enriched Information Systems, for
example:

* Hermeneutics in IS

* Linguistics/language aspects in IS

* Arts in IS

* History of IS

* Philosophy in IS

* Law and IS

* Theology and IS

We would like to dig deeper on various issues, such as:
· How does/can Humanities (linguistics, arts, philosophy, history, law,
hermeneutics) *theories* enrich IS?
· How does/can IS *theories* enrich the Humanities?
· How does the Humanities enrich IS on an applied/practical level?
· How is IS applied to the Humanities on an applied/practical level?

Other topics that we are interested in, are:
· A critical evaluation of the dichotomy between positivism and
interpretivism as Information Systems research philosophies from the wider
perspective of the philosophy of science

· Exploring the alignment of positivism and interpretivism with empiricism
and rationalism in Information Systems theory

Please see the Unisa call for postdoctoral fellowships attached. Please
contact me for more details at kroezjh at unisa.ac.za

Sincerely

Jan (kroezjh at unisa.ac.za)

Prof JH Kroeze

CoD:  Research and Community Engagement

CENSE Manager

School of Computing

GJ Gerwel Building 4-27

Tel. +27 11 670 9117
Fax. +27 86 587 4127
Email: kroezjh at unisa.ac.za

Web: http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/

Research: http://sites.google.com/site/jankroezeresearch/

http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=vIPKgTwAAAAJ

[image: CSET-email-signature-design-(Science-Campus)]