[AISWorld] AMCIS 2016 Mini-Track CfP : Business Analytics for Managing Organizational Performance
Robert St Louis
ST.LOUIS at asu.edu
Fri Jan 22 17:03:59 EST 2016
Call for Papers for the 22nd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS'16), San Diego, August 11-13, 2016, http://amcis2016.aisnet.org/
Mini-Track Title: Business Analytics for Managing Organizational Performance
The goal of business analytics (BA) is to summarize massive amounts of disparate corporate and customer data into succinct information that can help management better understand their business processes, make informed decisions, and measure and improve organizational performance. BA can provide managers with the ability to integrate enterprise-wide data into metrics that link specific objectives to the performance of different business units. In today's hypercompetitive environment, accurate real-time BA metrics are even more critical for measuring and enhancing organizational performance. Many technologies contribute to BA solutions, including databases, data warehouses, data marts, analytic processing, social analytics, and data mining, among others. BA needs to acquire data from multiple platforms and provide ubiquitous access. This requirement to leverage so-called "big data" presents numerous managerial challenges. This mini-track aims to promote innovative research in the BA domains of organizational performance measurement and improvement.
* Real-time business metrics for performance measurement
* Using BA to support the "balanced scorecard"
* Developing the data warehouse to support "digital dashboards"
* Deploying the data warehouse to "democratize" BA
* Critical BA success factors for management control
* Analytical processing
* Techniques for summarizing data
* Assessing organizational performance using BA metrics
* Information extraction and report generation
* Real-time decision making
* Online analytical processing (modeling)
* Business performance management (BPM) and improvement
* Economic analysis of business analytics
* Business analytics strategies
* Business analytics performance metrics
* BA governance, implementation, and management
* Vigilant information systems
* Leveraging big data for performance improvement
* Summarizing and visualizing organizational performance metrics
* Social analytics on organizational performance management
The ultimate purpose of business analytics is to monitor and improve organizational performance. Thus a mini-track on using business analytics to support organizational performance management is a necessary component of the business analytics, big data, and knowledge management track.
* January 4, 2016: Manuscript submissions for AMCIS 2016 begin
* March 2, 2016: (10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time): Deadline for paper submissions
* May 1, 2016: Final decisions on AMCIS 2015 program are made
Instructions for Authors:
* Submissions may be of two types:
o Completed research papers (< 5000 words, excluding references, tables, and figures)
o Research-in-progress papers (< 3500 words, excluding references, tables, and figures)
* All conference submissions will be double-blind, peer reviewed, and must be submitted using the online submission system at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/amcis2016 For complete instructions for authors and information about the conference, visit the AMCIS 2016 website at http://amcis2016.aisnet.org.
Benjamin Shao, Arizona State University
ben.shao at asu.edu<mailto:ben.shao at asu.edu>
Robert D. St. Louis, Arizona State University
st.louis at asu.edu<mailto:st.louis at asu.edu>
More information about the AISWorld