[AISWorld] IS Journal Market Place for Green IS research

Richard Watson rickwatson at mac.com
Mon Feb 15 09:52:33 EST 2016

Dear Colleagues

We are remind Green IS researchers of the pilot of the IS Journal Market Place for their research <http://marketplace.iwiserver.com>

The purpose of the market is to establish relatively quickly a ‘value’ for an article to accelerate the match between an article’s contribution and a journal’s publication criteria.

Principles

All articles submitted to the market will receive a fast evaluation by three domain knowledgable reviewers and one or more SEs. Authors will be given two weeks to respond to the reviewers’ reports before the SE’s report is written.
The package of article, evaluations, and responses will be made available to selected journal EICs, who can then directly contact authors to discuss revision of their work with a view to publication in their journal. Ideally, the author is contacted by multiple EICs.
As it is in the interests of the authors, evaluated articles will be made available to a wide selection of editor-in-chiefs to help the author quickly establish a likely publication outlet. The journal will retain full authority over the review and publication process once an article moves from the market to a specific journal.
While the intention is to operate a market, it will not be completely open. Access to the initial submission will be restricted to reviewers, market editors, and selected EICs.

The pilot will enable us to learn how to operate such a market to accelerate the matching of supply and demand for IS journal articles and make more efficient use of scarce reviewing resources.

SIGGreen has agreed to support the pilot by encouraging its membership to assist in the reviewing process.

To see the general call for Green IS papers, see http://marketplace.iwiserver.com/call-for-papers-greenis/

We will be at ICIS, and please feel free to speak to us and learn how the market operates and how we might extend beyond Green IS.

We strongly  believe that as IS scholars we need to use information systems to reinvent the publication process to make it more efficient and accelerate publication. As a result, we have taken action to pilot a change to the traditional process. We hope you will join us in making this a successful innovation.

Editors for Green IS research

Jan vom Brocke <http://www.uni.li/jan.vom.brocke>, University of Liechtenstein
Nigel Melville <https://michiganross.umich.edu/faculty-research/faculty/nigel-melville>, University of Michigan
Richard T. Watson <http://www.terry.uga.edu/~rwatson>, University of Georgia.