[AISWorld] JITTA 2016 Volume 17, Issue 1, Contents

vom Brocke Jan jan.vom.brocke at uni.li
Tue Apr 19 14:28:50 EDT 2016

Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application (JITTA)
2016 Volume 17, Issue 1, Table of Contents, http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/

====

ARTICLE 1

Editorial: Using New Lenses in Information Systems Research
Jan vom Brocke, University of Liechtenstein, Liechtenstein

Abstract
This editorial alludes to the potential of studying IS topics through a novel lens. Applying new research methods or developing new conceptualizations can create new insights and solutions to problems that we have not been able to solve using the extant school of thought. The editorial also presents two papers in this issue that use such new lenses.

To obtain a copy of the entire article, click on the link below:
http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/vol17/iss1/1/

====

ARTICLE 2

Understanding Coordination in the Information Systems Domain: Conceptualization and Implications
Lars Taxén, Linköping University, Sweden
René Riedel, University of Linz and University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Austria

Abstract
In this paper, we suggest a new conceptualization of coordination in the information systems (IS) domain. The conceptualization builds on neurobiological predispositions for coordinating actions. We assume that human evolution has led to the development of a neurobiological substrate that enables individuals to coordinate everyday actions. At heart, we discuss six activity modalities: contextualization, objectivation, spatialization, temporalization, stabilization, and transition. Specifically, we discuss that these modalities need to collectively function for successful coordination. To illustrate as much, we apply our conceptualization to important IS research areas, including project management and interface design. Generally, our new conceptualization holds value for coordination research on all four levels of analysis that we identified based on reviewing the IS literature (i.e., group, intra-organization, inter-organization, and IT artifact). In this way, our new approach, grounded in neurobiological findings, provides a high-level theory to explain coordination success or coordination failure and, hence, is independent from a specific level of analysis. From a practitioner’s perspective, the conceptualization provides a guideline for designing organizational interventions and IT artifacts. Because social initiatives are essential in multiple IS domains (e.g., software development, implementation of enterprise systems) and because the design of collaborative software tools is an important IS topic, this paper contributes to a fundamental phenomenon in the IS domain and does so from a new conceptual perspective.

To obtain a copy of the entire article, click on the link below:
http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/vol17/iss1/2/

====

ARTICLE 3

Reasoning about Discontinuance of Information System Use
Jan Recker, Queensland University of Technology, Australia

Abstract
While many studies have explored conditions and consequences of information systems adoption and use, few have focused on the final stages of the information system lifecycle. In this paper, I develop a theoretical and an initial empirical contribution to understanding individuals’ intentions to discontinue the use of an information system. This understanding is important because it yields implications about maintenance, retirement, and users’ switching decisions, which ultimately can affect work performance, system effectiveness, and return on technology investments. In this paper, I offer a new conceptualization of factors determining users’ intentions to discontinue the use of information systems. I then report on a preliminary empirical test of the model using data from a field study of information system users in a promotional planning routine in a large retail organization. Results from the empirical analysis provide first empirical support for the theoretical model. I discuss the work’s implications for theory on information systems continuance and dual-factor logic in information system use. I also provide suggestions for managers dealing with cessation of information systems and broader work routine change in organizations due to information system end-of-life decisions.

To obtain a copy of the entire article, click on the link below:
http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/vol17/iss1/3/

====

ABOUT THE JOURNAL

JITTA is an AIS Journal that welcomes submissions of high impact that seek a fast peer-review and publication process. The journal has 17 years of tradition. The acceptance rate is 25% and the typical turnaround between submission and initial decision is about two to three months. JITTA is considered in a number of databases and rankings world-wide and it has been identified an A Journal in Australian Business Deans Council Journal Quality List 2013 (on a four-Tier scale of A*, A, B, and C). JITTA is also included in the Journal List of the Chartered Association of Business Schools (United Kingdom) and the VHB Journal List (German Academic Association for Business Research).

http://aisel.aisnet.org/jitta/