[AISWorld] Addressing the Financial Times 45 Journal List

Jason Dedrick jdedrick at syr.edu
Thu Jun 9 13:40:11 EDT 2016

If the FT 45 is a public relations vehicle and not scientific, shouldn't we be fighting to change the practice of using their list as a measure of quality?  This should not be a battle between MIS and other fields, but between all faculty and the deans (and others) who use this dubious metric in the first place.   Our deans are also faculty members, who should see the bigger problem and address it, and the faculty should be encouraging them to do so.

Jason Dedrick, Professor
Associate Dean for Research
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University