[AISWorld] My new book, "The Sharing Economy," is now available!

Arun Sundararajan asundara at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Jun 17 10:42:01 EDT 2016

Dear friends and colleagues,

I'm delighted to report that my new book, "The Sharing Economy
<http://www.s12y.com/>," is now available, on Amazon and in many bookstores
around the world. (It may take until the end of June for it to reach some
countries.)

I've included links to a few (favorable) reactions at the end of this
message. I'm expecting a few more over the coming weeks. Tune in to
Bloomberg TV around 12:45pm today (6/17), or to the Diane Rehm Show on NPR
Monday (6/20) at 11:00am if you want to catch me live.

I would really appreciate your support in getting the book off to a strong
start. If you're thrilled to see that someone has finally written a book
called "The Sharing Economy," or if you've enjoyed listening to my ideas in
the past, or if you're an influencer who likes to spread important content,
or if you're trying to help your friends find an excellent summer read, or
if you just like to share (I'm sure you do), or if you simply can't turn
down a request from a former professor, here are three ways in which you
can help:

(1) Get yourself a copy of the book. It's available in hardcover, Kindle
ebook, Audible audio, CD audio and ancient parchment formats. Amazon
<https://www.amazon.com/Sharing-Economy-Employment-Crowd-Based-Capitalism/dp/0262034573/>
sells
almost all of these.

(2) Spread the word. Post a link to the book (http://amzn.to/24p9Xe8) or to
one of the articles below on your Facebook or LinkedIn. Tweet to your
followers. Tell your friends to look for the book. Tell them to tell their
friends. Seed your very own social contagion.

(3) Write a review of the book on Amazon
<https://www.amazon.com/Sharing-Economy-Employment-Crowd-Based-Capitalism/dp/0262034573/#customerReviews>.
It's quick and easy. Three or four sentences is plenty. You might notice
some IS stalwarts have already weighed in:)

If you made it this far, I'm grateful. I hope you're having an awesome
summer!

cheers, Arun.

*Some reviews and reactions*

(1) Profile of the book on the TED ideas blog
http://ideas.ted.com/change-is-good-exchange-is-better/

(2) Book Q&A on Bloomberg View
http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-15/secrets-of-the-sharing-economy-in-the-age-of-uber

(3) Nice TIME article about the book (and a few others)
http://time.com/4370834/sharing-economy-gig-capitalism/

(4) Book interview on Marketplace Radio
http://www.marketplace.org/shows/marketplace-tech/marketplace-tech-monday-june-13-2016

(5) Book interview on The Bloomberg Advantage
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/audio/2016-06-16/the-bloomberg-advantage-the-sharing-economy-deal-of-the-week

(6) Great review from the IMF
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2016/06/book3.htm

*A few sample tweets in case you're inclined*

Trying to figure out the #SharingEconomy? It just got so much easier! Pick
up a copy of @digitalarun's new book. http://amzn.to/24p9Xe8

"...a fundamental shift in how we organize economic activity." great
profile of 'The #SharingEconomy' from @TEDTalks
http://ideas.ted.com/change-is-good-exchange-is-better/

"tackles the myriad issues...in his path-breaking book.­" @IMFNews on 'The
#SharingEconomy' www.s12y.com