[AISWorld] My new book, "The Sharing Economy, " is now available!
joseph.davis at sydney.edu.au
Fri Jun 17 22:17:35 EDT 2016
Congratulations on the publication of your book, 'The Sharing Economy'.
In the true spirit of the 'sharing economy', I would have hoped that the book will be shared (free of charge) by the publisher, MIT Press, at least for a short period of time! MIT Press is no stranger to this model of publishing under the Creative Commons Non-Commercial Non-Derivatives License.
JOSEPH G. DAVIS | Professor of Information Systems and Services
School of Information Technologies
Director, Knowledge Discovery and Management Research Group
Theme Leader - Service Computing, Centre for Distributed and High Performance Computing
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Room 439E, Building J12 | 1 Cleveland Street
The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9351 4291 | F +61 2 9351 3838
E joseph.davis at sydney.edu.au | W http://www.sydney.edu.au/engineering/it/~jdavis
From: AISWorld [mailto:aisworld-bounces at lists.aisnet.org] On Behalf Of Arun Sundararajan
Sent: Saturday, 18 June 2016 12:42 AM
Cc: lovethisbook at s12y.com; Arun Sundararajan
Subject: [AISWorld] My new book, "The Sharing Economy," is now available!
Dear friends and colleagues,
I'm delighted to report that my new book, "The Sharing Economy <http://www.s12y.com/>," is now available, on Amazon and in many bookstores around the world. (It may take until the end of June for it to reach some
I've included links to a few (favorable) reactions at the end of this message. I'm expecting a few more over the coming weeks. Tune in to Bloomberg TV around 12:45pm today (6/17), or to the Diane Rehm Show on NPR Monday (6/20) at 11:00am if you want to catch me live.
I would really appreciate your support in getting the book off to a strong start. If you're thrilled to see that someone has finally written a book called "The Sharing Economy," or if you've enjoyed listening to my ideas in the past, or if you're an influencer who likes to spread important content, or if you're trying to help your friends find an excellent summer read, or if you just like to share (I'm sure you do), or if you simply can't turn down a request from a former professor, here are three ways in which you can help:
(1) Get yourself a copy of the book. It's available in hardcover, Kindle ebook, Audible audio, CD audio and ancient parchment formats. Amazon <https://www.amazon.com/Sharing-Economy-Employment-Crowd-Based-Capitalism/dp/0262034573/>
almost all of these.
(2) Spread the word. Post a link to the book (http://amzn.to/24p9Xe8) or to one of the articles below on your Facebook or LinkedIn. Tweet to your followers. Tell your friends to look for the book. Tell them to tell their friends. Seed your very own social contagion.
(3) Write a review of the book on Amazon <https://www.amazon.com/Sharing-Economy-Employment-Crowd-Based-Capitalism/dp/0262034573/#customerReviews>.
It's quick and easy. Three or four sentences is plenty. You might notice some IS stalwarts have already weighed in:)
If you made it this far, I'm grateful. I hope you're having an awesome summer!
*Some reviews and reactions*
(1) Profile of the book on the TED ideas blog http://ideas.ted.com/change-is-good-exchange-is-better/
(2) Book Q&A on Bloomberg View
(3) Nice TIME article about the book (and a few others) http://time.com/4370834/sharing-economy-gig-capitalism/
(4) Book interview on Marketplace Radio
(5) Book interview on The Bloomberg Advantage http://www.bloomberg.com/news/audio/2016-06-16/the-bloomberg-advantage-the-sharing-economy-deal-of-the-week
(6) Great review from the IMF
*A few sample tweets in case you're inclined*
Trying to figure out the #SharingEconomy? It just got so much easier! Pick up a copy of @digitalarun's new book. http://amzn.to/24p9Xe8
"...a fundamental shift in how we organize economic activity." great profile of 'The #SharingEconomy' from @TEDTalks http://ideas.ted.com/change-is-good-exchange-is-better/
"tackles the myriad issues...in his path-breaking book." @IMFNews on 'The #SharingEconomy' www.s12y.com http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2016/06/book3.htm
secrets of the #sharingeconomy: @foxjust interviews @digitalarun about his new book. www.s12y.com http://bv.ms/1tw9iam
@digitalarun | http://oz.stern.nyu.edu/ Get 'The Sharing Economy' at http://www.s12y.com/ "Be the change you want to see in the world." (Gandhi) _______________________________________________
AISWorld mailing list
AISWorld at lists.aisnet.org
More information about the AISWorld