[AISWorld] Survey for AIS members on when to hold ICIS

George, Joey F [SCIS] jfgeorge at iastate.edu
Wed Sep 21 16:13:01 EDT 2016

Colleagues,

The International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) has always been held in December.  As you know, December is also the time for the end of the fall semester in the Northern Hemisphere, and the Christmas and New Year's holidays.  Given all that occurs in December, many of our colleagues over the years have asked if ICIS could be scheduled at some other time.

I am chairing an AIS task force that addresses this question.  We - David Avison, Alan Dennis, Jane Fedorowicz, Dennis Galletta, T.P. Liang, and I - would like to know what you think about when ICIS should be scheduled.  We are also interested in your opinion of whether ICIS should end at noon on its last day or at the end of the day, with the social event.  To that end, AIS will be sending out a very brief survey to its members.  We hope that you will respond accordingly when the survey notice comes to your inbox.

The task force will carefully consider your input and make recommendations to ICIS Executive Committee in December at ICIS in Dublin.  The EC will make its recommendation to AIS Council.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Joey F. George

The John D. DeVries Endowed Chair in Business

SCIS Department

College of Business

Iowa State University

Ames, IA 50011