[AISWorld] Comparing requirements for visual notations between academics and practitioners

This is the AISWorld List Server aisworld at lists.aisnet.org
Tue Nov 8 05:32:50 EST 2016

Dear AISWorld members,

I am conducting a study among practitioners to investigate how important
they perceive a number of requirements for the cognitive effectiveness of
visual notations to be. In particular, I am targeting practitioners who use
conceptual modeling languages and their related visual notations (e.g.,
software/requirement/enterprise engineers).

Because many modeling languages originate from an academic context, I am
also highly interested to compare  how well practitioners' perceptions are
aligned with academics' perceptions.

I would highly appreciate it if any academics with experience in conceptual
modeling and modeling languages could spare ~5 minutes to fill out the same
survey. The results will be anonymous and made publicly available at the
end of the study.

LINK TO THE SURVEY: https://goo.gl/forms/7dSU3zUxQIkBqsdw2

Kind regards,
Dr. Dirk van der Linden
*Postdoctoral Fellow, **Department of Information Systems, **University of
Haifa*
*tel: *(+972) 054-8194316
*@: *djtlinden at is.haifa.ac.il
*www:* www.dirkvanderlinden.eu